Should my phone have come with an SD Card?General

1. mochapenguin

mochapenguin Member

This is my first Android phone and I'm coming from an 8GB iPhone 3G. When I heard the Incredible had 8GB built-in I figured I wouldn't need any more memory so I wasn't going to bother with a card.

Well now I'm realizing how many apps require an SD Card to work at all, so I went online and ordered one. But looking around I have found a lot of articles from before launch saying it was going to ship with a 2GB card for free...I bought my phone at a local Verizon store and the guy didn't say anything about a card, and I don't think there was one in the box or anything...was it supposed to come with one?

Advertisement
    :
  2. vapordub

vapordub Well-Known Member

Bought mine at a store and they gave me a 2GB card with a little USB reader. Will probably give that one to the wife for her phone and pick up a 16GB card soon.
  3. irish

irish Well-Known Member

I had to call *611 and speak with them directly. They sent me a 2GB card for free as it was a promotional offer and they honored it. Good luck
  4. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

I bought mine at the vzw store and it came with a 2 gb card.
  5. mochapenguin

mochapenguin Member

I've heard some people say the 2GB came free with preorders only, when you say you bought yours at the vzw store had you preordered and then picked it up in store, or did you just walk in and buy one and still get it for free? And if you just walked in, did you get it as part of a bundle or anything or was it the only accessory you bought?
  6. Kyuss

Kyuss Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add that I pre-ordered from VZW online and received a 2GB SD with mine. I had an 8GB in my old phone though so I'm using that.
  7. TokedUp

TokedUp Well-Known Member

free 2gb with mine from best buy on release day
  8. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Call customer service with your receipt # or go back to the store you bought it at. It should have came with a 2GB microSD card.
  9. bowerman

bowerman Guest

Wow, the HTC eris comes with an 8gb...
  10. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

but no internal...
  11. humboldtsgt

humboldtsgt Active Member

Received a 2gb card with in store purchase and upgraded to a 4gb card for $10 extra.
  12. marcelob

marcelob Well-Known Member

I literally JUST received my SD card in the mail. It came in a small FedEx box. I got my phone on the 26th so I wasn't even expecting to receive anything.
  13. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

People that ordered it online and didn't receive one should be getting an email from VZW saying they are sending one
  14. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

How and when did you purchase? I bought mine over the phone on 4/29. I did not receive one so I went to my local vzw store and bought a case and asked about the 2gb that was supposed to come with the phone and they told me that I should get one in the mail soon, but if I didn't withing a couple weeks to call CS and inquire.