1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Should my phone's MIN be matching my cell number?

1. SmarterJP

SmarterJP Active Member

I have noticed that the MIN and my phone number do not match and was wondering why this would be so. Any insights?

JP

Advertisement
  2. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

Well mine match, and it would make sense for them to match. Did someone else previously use the phone (IE: did you buy used)? If it works fine then I doubt it makes a difference.

MIN = Mobile Identification Number
  3. SmarterJP

SmarterJP Active Member

No, my wife and I both got our SFs from a Verizon store (BOGO deal) on day one when the phone came out. We both ported our phone numbers to Verizon from ATT when we signed up.
  4. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

It is different because you are ported.

More information on MIN/MDN and ported numbers:

http://www.ifast.org/NumberPortability-and-IRM v1.3.pdf
    SmarterJP likes this.
  5. SmarterJP

SmarterJP Active Member

6. SmarterJP

SmarterJP Active Member

Well now I think about it, for the MIN number associated with my cell phone, does that mean there are two numbers (my cell and the one for the MIN) in the grand scheme of things that are used up by my single phone?
  7. ray1126

ray1126 Well-Known Member

mine do not match either but I can tell you one thing if everything works on your phone then the number is right because if you have the wrong number in the MIM field you will have no network connection
  8. candycane89

candycane89 New Member

So I noticed this is an old thread, but it pertains to me. My MIN seems to be registered to someone else. So when I try to call/text people it comes up with that number and some random peron's name. When people try to reply to me, they get this other person. Half the time I can't dail out either. My carrier tells me there's nothing wrong and I've tried 3 times to get this problem fixed. Anything I can do? :/
  9. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

Try activating an old phone with your number and then reactivating this one. If that doesn't work you have to deal with the carrier.

I somewhat find it hard to believe they say nothing's wrong assuming everything you said was accurate.