Should this forum be renamed?General

Last Updated:

1. menmyjeep

menmyjeep Well-Known Member

Should this forum be renamed to "Samsng Galaxy S II for AT&T" ? I dont see anywhere that AT&T is actually going to use the "Attain" name. Even the Samsung website makes no mention to the Attain name/label only referring it to as the Samung Galaxy S II on AT&T. Once released, if the forum is named as "Galaxy Attain", no one may know what it is to visit this forum. What are your thoughts?

Visit link below for reference:

Samsung Galaxy S? II for AT&T | Samsung Mobile

Samsung does refer to the Sprint version as being the EPIC on their website which lends me to believe that AT&T will not be using the Attain name for their version.

Visit link below for reference:

Samsung Galaxy S? II, Epic? 4G Touch | Samsung Mobile

2. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

No reason to rush. Some in the blogosphere are reporting that they will still use the Attain name but haven't announced it yet. Give it a week, or at least until AT&T announces an official release date.
  3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Indeed...let us wait for an official name change and release date.
  4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

I personally would recommend you to wait until something official comes out. It gets confusing for new members when a forum's name gets multiple changes.

If you want a name change, please make a thread in the Suggestion Box & Feedback - Android Forums That is where our Admin resides :)
    JustAg33k and Mr. Ed like this.
  5. maerlim

Now that it's been announced officially, I'd say it's time to rename the forum. I'm going to go make the recommendation as Roze suggested.
    Roze likes this.
  6. maerlim

Well I have my Thread to rename this forum but so far no action. Roze are you still watching this thread and is there anything you can do to hurry this along?
  7. creepyncrawly

creepyncrawly Member

In my opinion, the forum should be renamed to AT&T Galaxy S II, or AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II.
  8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Hey Maerlim,

AF admin, Phases, has been busy for the past week. He always check the suggestion forum and reads every thread in there, so he will respond back to your thread when he is free.

9. Simba501

Simba501 Well-Known Member

10. maerlim

Yay, looks like the rename went through. Thank you mods!