Should this thread get merged with the Motorola Droid one?General

Last Updated:

1. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to throw the suggestion out there. I understand that the milestone is on the TMobile network, but aren't they essentially the same phones?

I'm only saying this because there are some issues that might come up here that for whatever reason don't show up in the Droid thread, therefore us Droiders miss out on interesting topics/fixes. More so for you Milestone guys i think since there are more threads in the Droid forums that you all could peruse.

Also, it would make sense to merge cuz switching between milestone and droid threads is going to get annoying real fast!

Just throwing my two cents out there, but what do you Milestone guys think? Should the Mods/Admins combine the Droid and Milestone forums?

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

The Droid isn't limited to T-Mobile's network in the states, updates may not necessarily be the same, nor be releasted at the same time as the Droid, and there will be many more people in Europe using the Milestone than in the US. They are different enough to warrant their own respective forums, without even taking the software (OEM installed) differences into consideration.

Any similarties between the two would probably be best discussed in the OS forum.

3. Golgo

Golgo Member

I really don't think they should be merged as the Droid and the Milestone differ on enough points to not make me want to have the two confused.

4. newb

newb New Member

The Droid is CDMA - the Milestone is GSM.

This major difference means that Droid updates don't work on Milestone, and vice versa, due to the different radios.
    Because of this, I think they should definitely be kept separate.

5. superdesi

superdesi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

GSM vs CDMA makes a lotta sense. That def warrants two seperate threads.