Should you unroot before Froyo upgrade Galaxy S

Last Updated:

1. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 19, 2010
    I've posted this question over on the Samsung Galaxy S section, however, it may be a more general query that someone can help with, particularly the unrooting query as I realise some other phone users have already went through the 2.1-2.2 upgrade.

I've rooted and applied the "one click LAG fix" to my glitchy SGS running 2.1 and the phone performs very smoothly and reliably since. (benchmarks are consistently over 2200, although I realise that statistics aren't everything)

It is expected that sometime in the next few weeks in the UK (???) that the upgrade to Froyo will be available through the Samsung KIES desktop software rather than OTA and I have the following queries.

1. Should the phone be unrooted before an upgrade is attempted?
    2. Should the "LAG fix" be removed before an upgrade?
    3. Has anyone previously removed their "LAG fix" and can they advise if there are any gotchas I should look out for?

Also, if anyone has seen any reviews comparing an SGS with 2.1 (with LAG fix) V 2.2, links would be appreciated.

2. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm under the impression you should bring your phone back to stock, considering that lag fix and other things might not work correctly on 2.2. Besides, with 2.2 you probably won't need the lag fix since it will make the phone so fast!
    micstewart likes this.