Shouldn't the trackball glow for mail?

Last Updated:

1. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So, I've been trying out a Hero on Sprint for 3 days and I'm pretty pleased. The Yahoo Mail setup w/ retrievals at every 15 minutes isn't so reliable, but I found the gmail push to be awesome.

Here's a question: I thought the trackball was supposed to glow when you receive mail, but it doesn't w/ the gmails i've gotten. Do I have something switched off possibly? I thought I had it all checked in settings.

For that matter, I'm not sure when the led is supposed to flash or what. It just seems like you don't always hear a sound when email comes through like you do w/ text.

Advertisement
  2. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Are you running a 2.1 ROM? Or are you stock? I know with the new 2.1 ROMs the track ball only comes on in the dark or low light. But i dont think it came on before on 1.5. The LED at the top should blink green though.

3. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Gotcha. Looks like you're right about this version not doing that. Darn you Android diversification!

And it seems the led flashes green only for missed calls and texts.

So, any stable versions of 2.1 available for Sprint's Hero?

4. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Fresh 2.0d seems really complete. I can't find anything wrong

And it fixed ALL my issues.

5. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

Wait a few days/weeks and avoid the hassle... please reference one of the several rumor threads. It seems obvious that 2.1 is coming soon, it is just unclear how soon is defined. ;)

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

I'm completely not computer savvy and it took me about 6 minutes to root my phone and flash a rom. super easy. And imo so worth it. :D

The new fresh pre kitchen worked flawlessly for me, just follow the directions to a T if you do it.

7. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

You can turn on the flash LED for gmail in the settings for it.

And Fresh2.0d is great. Works just fine. I still want an official release fr the folks at XDA to play with but it works for now.