• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

show caller ID on receiving lines

DLM

Nov 29, 2009
NY
I don't know if this has been discussed but I'd like to know what the solution vs. law on this issue is. I'd like for my name to appear on the caller ID of whomever I call on a landline phone. I had sprint for years and it is not only possible to have it but to edit it to your liking. So anyway, it reads verizon wireless in the name field and I want it to show my name, how to I make them do it. The rep I called said its not going to happen and now I am allegedly in a queue to be called back by a manager because I wouldn't accept that response. I know it can be done, is there a federal regulation allowing me to have what I want there or does it stand moot on this point? Thanks for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones