show me your home screen!General

Last Updated: 2013-06-09 01:39:28
  1. ofHATEandENVY

ofHATEandENVY Well-Known Member

thank you, it's ZEAM Launcher if you are interest.

Advertisement
  2. becksalottery

becksalottery Well-Known Member

why would you want to? jpeg is designed for photographs, not graphic art, and a screenshot is comprised of primarily graphics (in the form of art and font). Graphics are preserved in a .png format to prevent the compression and pixellation that occurs often when saving a graphic as though it were an image.

ex;

[​IMG]

Graphics saved as jpeg will almost always be fuzzy, so I'm just curious as to why you'd screenshots in the jpg format?

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, just curious!
    str8blkcoffee likes this.
  3. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

gonna check that out, I like it
  4. str8blkcoffee

str8blkcoffee Active Member

I just learned something! thanks :)
  5. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

PNG is clearer and better, TBH. It was developed for the first dynamic websites (PHP) and meant to improve on the GIF, which took up a ton of space for lossy quality.

There was a time when trying to view a PNG was a pain, but now-a-days, it's as easy to share/view as a JPG or GIF. Believe it or not, the BMP file is harder to view these days, which at one time was the standard for HTML image coding.
  6. ofHATEandENVY

My new flavor of the DAY, I'm tellin' ya, I change it a good bit, I am quite satisfied with this one though, normally I don't just change the background, I overhaul the whole thing, but this time, just some color changes w/ a different background, I like it though, so another update, rooted it last night and put BrokenOut on it, diggin' it so far.

[​IMG]
  7. steve392

steve392 Well-Known Member

i uploaded the png to my photobucket. I somehow deleted the contacts icon the other day.
    [​IMG]
    starflower7 likes this.
  8. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there's a way to get ADW EX to rotate the dock icons without changing their order? I emailed the developer, but he has yet to get back to me. I had everything else set up to my liking except that.

Then I switched to Launcher Pro when I installed Broken Out (I run LP on my old Incredible). I love how the dock icons simply rotate without changing their relationships to the capacitive buttons. But ADW EX seems to work better for me in every other respect...
  9. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Sadly, I think that's a restriction with adw. It reverses the order of the icons. I've never cared for it either.
  10. iskios

iskios Member

Go Launcher EX

[​IMG]
  11. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member

You know you live in a cold place when even at 68 degrees you have to indicate whether it is above or below zero!

Is that just an ICS theme?
  12. donkeyrattle

donkeyrattle Well-Known Member

13. bones420la

bones420la Well-Known Member

what is that clock??
  14. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Looks like Beautiful Widgets Super Clock. I think that's the 4x3 size. I've got those same skins, but prefer to split the clock and use the weather 1x1 widget:

[​IMG]

*edit* oops... I thought you were talking about the post above you. His might be Smart Clock... it looks like a skin I have for that app.
  15. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Installed ZEAM, been great so far, have not had much time to customize yet.

Definitely not adw causing my reboots though...
  16. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I got some weird hang ups with zeam and like ftl, it doesn't let you hide apps in the drawer, so I stopped using it.
  17. Barretth

Barretth Member

Yes it is
  18. ofHATEandENVY

19. ofHATEandENVY

Zeam is awesome, lightweight as hell, and b-e-a-u-tiful.

I love the dock, and I just throw everything I regularly use down there, and then swipe down for the rest of my apps, it is buttery smooth.
  20. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

I like the dock and feel of zeam, but the inability to hide apps in the drawer is a really needed feature.
  21. brianmaedche

brianmaedche Well-Known Member

What did you use to change notifacation bar icons and color of them
  22. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Hmm... Never heard of app hiding, I just use app organizer and have category folders on one of my side home screens.

I knew it could be done, but hate hidden items. I'd prefer to unhide apps rather than hide them
  23. phillip_viado

phillip_viado Well-Known Member

here's how mines look.this is black plaque rom with some images replaced with the optimus 4x hd ones like the battery, wifi, icons, ect. I think it looks pretty cool. One of the devs should make a rom like this, it would be bad-ass

Attached Files: