1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Show off those S III'sGeneral

1. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

Come on, lets see them ;)

[​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. krismariek

krismariek Member

Thanks for sharing! :rolleyes:
  3. DaddyCee

DaddyCee Well-Known Member

question - what is the 1 in the sun icon suppose to indicate in the weather widget?
  4. SuperAndoid

SuperAndoid Well-Known Member

Your time zone.
  5. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

6. ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX Well-Known Member

Fahrenheit85 likes this.
  7. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

I really like the fancy box. :D box.jpg
    Fahrenheit85 likes this.
  8. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Popular opinion is that it indicates Daylight Savings Time. Acworth is in Georgia (according to Google) which is +4, so it can't be timezone. But DST altars the clock from GMT by one.
    DaddyCee likes this.
  9. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

It's the summer time saving (+1)
    DaddyCee likes this.
  10. naviwilliams

I agree the box is very nice. Reminds me of the box that my Beats By Dre came in...
  11. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Be careful with the gloating, since some Verizon users might show you a "I". ;)
  12. dmanindfw

dmanindfw Well-Known Member

What case is that? Hard to tell does it match the color of the phone well? Enough of a lip on the front to protect the screen if lying it flat on it's face? More details please.

BTW, great looking phone!
  13. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Well-Known Member

CaseMate "Barely There". My favorite for both my S3 and iPhone 4S. Does not do a thing for drops but makes the device feel better to hold onto and adds almost nothing to the size of the device. Prevents scuffing up the back when it get set down. It is a hard shell that have a rubbery feel like my Thinkpads.

I have not dropped a phone in years and not worried about it. From reading the nightmare stories I see here, it may not be best for some. I can not stand cases like the OtterBox or those nasty gummy things that collect dirt.

My selection is black. Wish that Samsung would have made a black phone but I have the blue. Whe I set my phone down it is never face down. I want to be able to see the missed call/message indicator.
  14. nomunk

nomunk Well-Known Member

15. Deb13b

Deb13b Active Member

Sorry for the crap pics, they're taken with the iphone 4 I have just deserted for my first ever android lol. And yes, the case is pink, I was feeling girlie at the time !

Attached Files:

16. Yanks

Yanks Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Android26 likes this.
  17. cmybliss

cmybliss Well-Known Member

Waaaaaa! I want mine now! Stinkin' Verizon, making me wait.:(
  18. ScoobyWRX

19. erjennin

erjennin Active Member

You're using a task manager??? Really??? What is this, Android 1.5? Come on man
  20. naviwilliams

Side note: I remember the days you and I chatted on forums about BlackBerry's :)
  21. Deb13b

Deb13b Active Member

I'm totally new to android, I haven't got a clue what I should / shouldn't be doing, that's why I'm on this forum. :-(
  22. ScoobyWRX

You'll always get some know it all that'll give some blunt unhelpful, comment :thumbdown:.

Your phone looks fine. Good luck with your Android adventure :)
  23. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. Welcome to Android! Basically, you don't need a task manager. You can remove that app if you want. It's been proven that Android does an efficient enough job of managing its memory without an app. Enjoy your new phone and congrats on making the switch from iPhone!
  24. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Might be worth mentioning that you just have to long press the home button to get to the task manager if you do feel like closing apps or freeing ip some ram.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
  25. naviwilliams

...anyone else? I know loads of you have the S III now :)