• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show off your 360 with different bands and faces

Boy did I come up with something cool to share with you guys.

One of the problems I have is lining up a watch face so all of the components line up exactly on the numbers. I found something that makes this MUCH easier.

Add the background you want. Then add a layer by clicking + then "New Shape." Give it the following parameters:

Shape - Line
Width - 1
Height - 290
X Offset - 160
Y Offset - 0
Rotation - 0

Change the color to the the opposite of your background. If the background is dark, make your line white.

Back up, add another shape. Give this one the following parameters:

Shape - Line
Width - 1
Height - 320
X Offset - 320
Y Offset - 160
Rotation - 90

Same thing with color.

If you back up, select your background layer, then click to show all layers, what you wind up with is something that looks like this:

Screenshot_2014-10-16-16-19-20.png

It then becomes an easy to line up all the components so they'll appear perfect. After you're done, delete your lines and you have a perfectly lined up watch face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Boy did I come up with something cool to share with you guys.

One of the problems I have is lining up a watch face so all of the components line up exactly on the numbers. I found something that makes this MUCH easier.

Add the background you want. Then add a layer by clicking + then "New Shape." Give it the following parameters:

Shape - Line
Width - 1
Height - 290
X Offset - 160
Y Offset - 0
Rotation - 0

Change the color to the the opposite of your background. If the background is dark, make your line white.

Back up, add another shape. Give this one the following parameters:

Shape - Line
Width - 1
Height - 320
X Offset - 320
Y Offset - 160
Rotation - 90

Same thing with color.

If you back up, select your background layer, then click to show all layers, what you wind up with is something that looks like this:

Screenshot_2014-10-16-16-19-20.png

It then becomes an easy to line up all the components so they'll appear perfect. After you're done, delete your lines and you have a perfectly lined up watch face.

omg, such a simple solution compared to going by single digits to line up an image. Awesome tutorial, bro.

Can one of the mods take this post and sticky it at the top of the thread?

Upvote 0
I whipped this one up this morning and wanted to share with you. I love this font and it's simplicity. I think it looks great.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50X2NRm3MbEeXprY0d4X1J3RFk/view?usp=sharing

Remember to rename that as a ZIP file so you can extract it!

IMG_20141015_131919739.jpg

YESSSSS! This watchface is great! I ended up changing the seconds on the right side into the weather.

This is the first watchface that I've modified and Facer is amazingly simple!

Thank you for your work!

Screenshot of it (watch is charging)

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0
I haven't had time to look at it yet, but there was a face over on FaceRepo that has a battery level indicator that looks like it uses shapes only. No loaded images. I need to check that out later.

I don't have the link, but it's a big white circle with a smaller black circle and a smaller still white circle with a yellow battery indicator in the middle. It was just posted today.

Upvote 0
I just checked it out... Pretty impressive, using a mixture of shapes, instead of pictures. I like it.

But all the watches I keep finding show the phone's battery percentage. I want to display the watch's battery percentage. The quest continues!

Neeeeeeeeeevermind! Once I pushed the face to my watch, I realized that it bases off of the watch once it is there, not the phone....

D'oh!
Rancho%20Cucamonga%20Home%20Mortgage%20First%20Time%20Home%20Buyers%20Randy%20Charlton%20Keller%20Williams%20Realty%20Homer%20Simpson%20D'oh.png

Upvote 0
Did you find that face I was talking about where the guy did the battery level indicator using only shapes. It's ingenious in its simplicity and looks fantastic.

Start out with a new "test" face. This will put the thing right in the middle, but you'll be able to adjust it. This is just to get a feel of what he did.

Layer 1
Square
Width - 14
Height - (#BLN#*0.34)
X - 167
Y - 162
Rotation - 180
Shape Options - Fill

Layer 2
Square
Width - 11
Height - 1
X - 154
Y - 120
Rotation - 0
Shape Options - Stroke
Stroke width - 3

Layer 3
Square
Width - 20
Height - 40
X - 150
Y - 125
Rotation - 0
Shape Options - Stroke
Stroke Width - 3

I love it!!

Upvote 0
I've been really excited to share this with you guys...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50X2NRm3MbEVG5MYU01VmlYaWs/view?usp=sharing

I had to basically teach myself how to calculate the Julian date from the normal date, and from there the lunar date, which I've never done before. I found code online to do this but it didn't make sense to me. So I sort of translated that into Excel so I understood what was happening, then translated that into Facer. At most, the moon age date will be 1 day off because I didn't calculate it to the hour. It's close enough to get you a good ballpark idea though. Next I would like to add conditionals to this so it will display the current moon phase. Nothing crazy. If I could make it like, "Waxing, Full, Waning, New" I'd be happy.

This is one good day's worth of work though. I hope you enjoy it.

In case anyone is wondering, the moon's phase is counted from the new moon. So that's what the value means.

I'm also contemplating a second hand that goes around the perimeter.

L4oWbXEZtDu4_NODWQRDWZliTcm79W3w7T2G8LsWMb1N=w352-h625-no

Upvote 0

I had to basically teach myself how to calculate the Julian date from the normal date, and from there the lunar date, which I've never done before. I found code online to do this but it didn't make sense to me. So I sort of translated that into Excel so I understood what was happening, then translated that into Facer. At most, the moon age date will be 1 day off because I didn't calculate it to the hour. It's close enough to get you a good ballpark idea though. Next I would like to add conditionals to this so it will display the current moon phase. Nothing crazy. If I could make it like, "Waxing, Full, Waning, New" I'd be happy.

In case anyone is wondering, the moon's phase is counted from the new moon. So that's what the value means.

Well done sir!

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0

Jeez, there's a lot of information on that watch face! haha

could you give a quick step by step install guide?

thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi Sean,

If you have Facer installed, launching this link on your phone should auto extract right into it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50X2NRm3MbEVm5jWHp2VXlaYXM/view?usp=sharing

I made two very minor tweaks since the picture. "SEC" is now under the seconds and it is more friendly to those who like the ambient display.

If you have any trouble installing it, let me know.

Here's a new one for my Droid brothers and sisters. I know the font isn't right but I like this font better :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B50X2NRm3MbEOVNWa05WYmlBdEU/view?usp=sharing

Edit: Corrected hours.

IMG_20141024_112815674.jpg

Reactions: frodub
Upvote 0
Call this the Droid 2.0.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B50X2NRm3MbETU1LelEyempQVzA/edit?usp=docslist_api

I wanted to do something different with the seconds. Something more weird. So it's just a bar that goes across in a similar fashion to the battery bar. The background blocks aren't nearly as visible as they are in the picture. More muted. I'm taking the picture of the watch in a dark room.

I hope you like it.

IMG_20141026_231735.jpg

Reactions: frodub
Upvote 0
any update on the all metal version of this gadget? need something to think about whilst I wait for the nexus 6 pre order fiasco to settle down...

Well, Chris had reported the metal versions on Amazon and I actually did see them, but all of the listing seem to have been pulled

Champagne gold Moto 360 now on Amazon

I'm waiting until the 2nd gen moto 360 to get another. Already swooped up a bunch of bands, but went a little too crazy and now have band in excess..LOL

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones