Show us your Desire Homescreens...

1. junkiepilot

junkiepilot Well-Known Member

Please post your Desire Home Screens in this thread.

Please also state, the names and descriptions of any apps or widgets that appear on your homescreens to avoid multiple questions. If your using an alternative launcher also let us know.
    Have a cool wallpaper? also post it, or a link, to save multiple requests.
    How do I take screenshots? (Thanks Lekky)

You need to be rooted to take screenshots, using an app called shootme. If you don't want to root you can still do it, but its rather drawn out, guide here How To Capture Screenshots With Your Android Mobile Phone

Here's mine HTC Desire Screen Shots

Dropbox is a free online storage site (you can join here...https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI1MzA2OTI5)

Join the UK's Cheapest Mobile Network - http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/rastallp

Advertisement
  2. pagdodd

pagdodd Well-Known Member

what's the Quota Usage thingy you have???
  3. junkiepilot

3G Watchdog - You tell it your monthly allowance and it does the rest, pretty neat way of ensuring you dont go over your limit.
  4. pagdodd

pagdodd Well-Known Member

thank you
  5. 1981

1981 Well-Known Member

what is the lock screen u got in thr? how can i install it?
    also, INTERNET HD, LOCKBOT, BUMP, DROPBOX. what are thr functions. thanks
  6. junkiepilot

Lock Screen is installed using Lockbot. Internet HD is Dolphin HD browser, Bump allows you to easliy send stuff to other devices (including iPhones) by bumping phones together, Dropbox is a free online storage site (you can join here...https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTI1MzA2OTI5)
  7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I removed the face of the pic on my homescreen, and also wiped of my appointments :p

lock screen
    [​IMG]

main screen
    [​IMG]

main screen + 1
    [​IMG]

main screen + 2 These are folders of apps. Clicking a pic opens a folder full of apps
    [​IMG]

main screen + 3
    [​IMG]

main screen -1
    [​IMG]

main screen -2 is empty for now

main screen -3
    [​IMG]
    DanHarris likes this.
  8. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Good to see that other people's Astrid also have the Red writing in them :)

How to you take screenies (its obvious those aren't photos)?
  9. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

yeah lol, it's finished and in for review i'm just too lazy to tick it off :p

You need to be rooted to take screenshots, using an app called shootme. If you don't want to root you can still do it, but its rather drawn out, guide here http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-capture-screenshots-with-your-android-mobile-phone/
  10. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying this thread, like what people have done. Mine is really basic compared to these efforts, well done.
  11. choi

choi Active Member

Lekky, what app gives you the widget with the volume controls for different things?

[​IMG]
    marcelhosten likes this.
  12. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

App is called audio manager
    hilljd00, cadex, Synthacon and 2 others like this.
  13. diS

diS Well-Known Member

Lekky can you also tell me what the 3th app is on the bottom. I see that it's a On/Off control for Bluetooth, Wifi and what's the 3th?

Thanks in advance
  14. X-QlusioN

X-QlusioN Member

3rd is GPS...
  15. Squash_man

Squash_man Well-Known Member

great thread!

Lekky, what's the widgets that's used for those toggle on/off functions?
  16. ukzen

ukzen Well-Known Member

When my phone is locked .i dont have a task bar at the top of the screen,is it a function i have to enable ,yes i am a noob.
  17. reech

reech Well-Known Member

Those toggle on/off ones are on the HTC - or are they android? Anyway, to get 'em on the Desire , just ADD a widget to a homescreen, click Shortcuts, and there you are ;)
  18. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

OK, as this is turning onto a "Hey Lekky, what's that...?" thread I'm going to ask, what the bookmark widget is ? :)
  19. markeas

markeas Active Member

What widget is that for the internet usage ?
  20. gd123

gd123 Well-Known Member

Could someone expand on that a bit please = probably me but struggling to follow
  21. Squash_man

Squash_man Well-Known Member

LOL, I felt silly after reading that! But looked on my phone and couldn't find it. But I realised that I was being lazy and searched 'toggle' on the market.
  22. johnintheuk

johnintheuk New Member

Hold down on a homescreen, click widget, click settings. You then get a list of toggles (Airplane Mode, Bluetooth, GPS, Mobile Network and Wi-Fi).
    TheBrownHornet, timthumb and gd123 like this.
  23. weirdNumber

weirdNumber Well-Known Member

The 'Power Control' widget is a good alternative, it has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync and Brightness controls.
    Lmkt likes this.
  24. i3ubble

i3ubble Active Member

Thanks for the link Lekky. I've followed all the steps and have got to running the DDMS.BAT file and the Dalvik Debug Monitor launcing. However, it's not showing my device, or any device, on the Debug Monitor. Do you happen to know what I've done wrong off the top of your head? I don't want to be a hassle.

The phone is connected via USB. I've tried it mounted as a disk drive and charge only but it doesn't show up under either condition.
  25. mcnob

mcnob Well-Known Member

This thread has gone a bit off-topic.......lol

Android phone users in general really need a good site that tells you everything you need to know about setting your phone up and the thousands of options available for personalisation and productivity/ease of use.
    veganpike and czechplastik like this.