• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show us your Desire Homescreens...

snapshotwt.png

3 things here:

Wicked Clock, what is it?

Wicked Live Wallpaper, what is it?

How the hell do you change system fonts (I'm not root), love the font, what is it?

Sorry for the delay, the clock is called retro clock, its on the market!
the wallpaper its called Digital Rain, in the market also.
and the font was provided in this forum! http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desire-desire-modaco-com/308078/htc-desire-change-system-font/, you do have to be rooted!

Upvote 0
Also in your OP post, ask if people to can also post a picture of their wallpapers. This is also one of the big things that gets asked repeatedly :)

done, apolgies maybe I should have stated all of this at first but I didn't realise this thread would become so popular. Heck, it's had me constantly messing with my homescreens after seeing what everyone else is doing.

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
Awesome thread. I've spent hours after reading it trying to learn how to get creative with my Desire after seeing how cool they can become and how much they can be personalised. Thanks everyone for the inspiration!!

So after getting mine looking a little cooler I'm now trying to replace the poxy standard icons. Can anyone guide me as to where I can find icons to choose from?

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Awesome thread. I've spent hours after reading it trying to learn how to get creative with my Desire after seeing how cool they can become and how much they can be personalised. Thanks everyone for the inspiration!!

So after getting mine looking a little cooler I'm now trying to replace the poxy standard icons. Can anyone guide me as to where I can find icons to choose from?

Cheers.

for icons am using Apps organizer(which is free) and ibox icons, but thats for my custom web menus i think you will have to use open home or better cut to change the specific application icon hope that helps :)

Reactions: htcforme
Upvote 0
done, apolgies maybe I should have stated all of this at first but I didn't realise this thread would become so popular. Heck, it's had me constantly messing with my homescreens after seeing what everyone else is doing.

If you frequent the other phone forums, you'll see that they all have a 'show your homescreen' thread. This topic is one of the most popular ones on AF :) I actually have like 5 of these threads that I'm subscribed to :D

Upvote 0
OK I have been messing since starting this thread.

I have ditched Sense and I am now using ADW Launcher with 3 screens.

Wallpaper is Android Stitch available through the Zedge App

Right Screen:

Self Explanitory

right.png

Left Screen:

Astrid Tasks
Smooth Calender
Extended Control Widgets

left.png

Home Screen:

RetroClock / RetroDate
WeatherBug Widget
Unread GMail Widget

home.png

Upvote 0
This thread is great, thanks guys.

I want to post mine, how do I screen capture?

to screen capture look at the first post :)

Please post your Desire Home Screens in this thread.

Please also state, the names and descriptions of any apps or widgets that appear on your homescreens to avoid multiple questions. If your using an alternative launcher also let us know.
Have a cool wallpaper? also post it, or a link, to save multiple requests.
How do I take screenshots? (Thanks Lekky)

You need to be rooted to take screenshots, using an app called shootme. If you don't want to root you can still do it, but its rather drawn out, guide here How To Capture Screenshots With Your Android Mobile Phone

Here's mine HTC Desire Screen Shots

Reactions: nofear
Upvote 0
Sure. Have a nose through and see if there is anything you like.

leeislee's Gallery

There is a download link on each page.

Thanks for the link some great stuff, I am trying to install the adidas wallpaper but I am not sure which one I should be using for my desire as they are all different sizes and do not match the 960 x 800 that someone quoted earlier. Tried two so far and when i try to set them as wallpaper i keep getting a force close message what am i doing wrong ??

Thanks for any replies

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link some great stuff, I am trying to install the adidas wallpaper but I am not sure which one I should be using for my desire as they are all different sizes and do not match the 960 x 800 that someone quoted earlier. Tried two so far and when i try to set them as wallpaper i keep getting a force close message what am i doing wrong ??

Thanks for any replies

how are you trying to apply the image as your wallpaper? i press the menu button the wallpaper and select my image, if the size is wrong the wallpaper selector will give you a crop tool i then just pull the bottom left corner until it wont move anymore that will then give you the largest selection of your image.

I have a question i have custom icons on my homescreen that open up into sub-menus one being xbox, how do i make the white part(the corners) transparent,here is what it looks like at the moment

xboxlogo.png

Upvote 0

Thanks for any replies

No Idea what you're doing wrong. Have you extracted them from the zip folder?

I use the 1152 resolution and when I choose it as my wall a green crop tool opens to select the portion i want.

Walls don't have to be the exact stated size.

Upvote 0
how are you trying to apply the image as your wallpaper? i press the menu button the wallpaper and select my image, if the size is wrong the wallpaper selector will give you a crop tool i then just pull the bottom left corner until it wont move anymore that will then give you the largest selection of your image.

I have a question i have custom icons on my homescreen that open up into sub-menus one being xbox, how do i make the white part(the corners) transparent,here is what it looks like at the moment

xboxlogo.png

I think you need to use png files for icons that support transparency

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones