• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show us your Desire Homescreens...

hopefully these appear. now only really use 2 screens apart from lockscreen.

Lockscreen (go locker four key theme)

screenshot-1330869903116.png

Main screen

screenshot-1330869887661.png

Mildwild Oxygen 3.5, go launcher with bar hidden with a swipe up. The icons on the screen are folders using Folder Organiser so apps stay in folders after flashing new roms. Calwidget for calender, SiMi clock (linked to Dock Clock for night mode)

screenshot-1330869879093.png

Screen left 1. Widgetsoid to the bottom. MediaPlus for music widget. More FO folders up the right hand side for easy thumb access.

And that's it. Not the most exciting, but works for me!

Upvote 0
04/03/2012

Current set up, used it before but adapted slightly.
Currently running dGB ROM by SuRoot
Lockscreen is extracted from a Miui theme using MiLocker (App)
Launcher is ADW Launcher EX
Clock is an mClock Mod
Desktop icons are FurityFS
Desktop icons placed with Desktop Visualizer

Lockscreen:

n1cscx.png

Homescreen:

(app drawer launched by swiping up, notifications accessed by swiping down)

b7ml9k.png

Upvote 0
Anyone know a way of extracting icons from themes for Go launcher, or ADW. So you can use them for as normal image files, and other apps like desktop visualizer?

Andy

well ive done this many times but im not sure its completely legit
it involves pulling the apk from data then using 7zip to open the apk and pulling the images from hdpi drawable

Upvote 0
well ive done this many times but im not sure its completely legit
it involves pulling the apk from data then using 7zip to open the apk and pulling the images from hdpi drawable

Thanks for the reply Rasta, but I just found the perfect app that does just this.

https://market.android.com/details?...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yZWRwaHgudGhlbWV4Il0.

ThemeX lets you extract ALL parts of a theme. Icons, Dock,s and wallpaper, and save them to your DS Card.

Works like a dream.

Andy.

Upvote 0
35akkcg.png

14u9lza.png

m37yt.png

sdjmzc.png

9bf1n5.png

Anyone still tampering with their Desire almost 2 years in?

I upgraded to ICS and must admit I'm really impressed. It feels a little sluggish when compared to Gingerbread roms but the available google widgets (reader, browser) and launcher are much improved.

As can possibly be seen from elements of the above screenshots I really liked the look of sense 4.0 but stock Android really is much improved in the looks department (I'd read that a fair bit but was skeptical to be honest). Think it might influence me towards a more stock phone next...

Upvote 0
35akkcg.png

Anyone still tampering with their Desire almost 2 years in?

I upgraded to ICS and must admit I'm really impressed. It feels a little sluggish when compared to Gingerbread roms but the available google widgets (reader, browser) and launcher are much improved.

As can possibly be seen from elements of the above screenshots I really liked the look of sense 4.0 but stock Android really is much improved in the looks department (I'd read that a fair bit but was skeptical to be honest). Think it might influence me towards a more stock phone next...

Although quite standard, I quite like the look of this.
Firstly, what ICS ROM is that? Not seen one with those notification controls before.
Secondly, what is the clock / weather widget?
Thirdly, how on earth can you use Chrome Beta on the Desire. Unless its improved significantly, I found it tediously slow, unusably so on the Desire / ICS.

Upvote 0
wow I have not touched down much....ICS on Desire?...ee gads! lol

has the camera issues and such been sorted? any bugs?

I ran ICS for a good few months, so here are my findings.

By this point, I'd like to make clear that it has had a huge amount of development into these ROMS, from lots of different developers. And for that, I am very grateful.

As such, in terms of bugs there really are none. Maybe the odd one here and there, but its a fully functional ROM that can be used everyday with ease. Everything now, like the camera issues (inc video), video playback and so on has all been fixed.

The problem I have with ICS on the Desire however is simple. It's slow. So so slow. If you are patient, and you have a deep deep desire to run ICS (see what I did there ? ;) ), then its great. ICS is markedly improved over Gingerbread in almost every way. It's a much more pleasant interface, it looks much slicker and cooler and it just works better. And you really can use it every day. As I say I made myself for months. But eventually, I threw the towel in. It just isn't snappy, and that's what I like my phone to be. I was constantly having to wait. 1 second for messaging to open up and delays after clicking things. It's just not sharp to use like gingerbread.

So in the end, I resorted back. It pained me to do so, but I did it. I found that if I took a very stock GB ROM (I'd recommend dGB), and customise it heavily then you can get a similar ICS experience, or way better than stock GB and keep the same slick performance. See my screenshot a few posts up ^.

So all in all, ICS works perfectly. It's just slow. Whether you can put up with that I don't know. Personally, I feel its just one step too many for my old Desire.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
This maybe a long shot but does anyone have the old ibox icon packs. I previously had them on my desire and when I got my new phone I thought I would just download them again however I now discover that the developer has been removed from the market.

Failing that does anyone know where I would get them. My old phone used to be rooted and I had taken back ups etc would I be able to extract the files from any of my back ups ??

And failing that can someone point me in the direction of icons that are pretty similar. I have been googling for hours with no joy.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Upvote 0
Although quite standard, I quite like the look of this.
Firstly, what ICS ROM is that? Not seen one with those notification controls before.
Secondly, what is the clock / weather widget?
Thirdly, how on earth can you use Chrome Beta on the Desire. Unless its improved significantly, I found it tediously slow, unusably so on the Desire / ICS.

Sorry, I don't check here too often. Belated reply if you're still wondering.

I'm using Sandvolds Rom, the notification bar is from an app called Widgetsoid though.

The weather widget is just a Sense 4 clone I found on XDA, there are a number on there. Think I found it in the Galaxy Nexus forum. (I'll have the .apk on my phone still that I can upload later if you want it.

And I gave up on Chrome not long after I posted that screenshot. A shame as I love it on my Advent Vega tablet and it along with the new Cyanogen music app and Apex launcher were the reasons I wanted to give ICS a shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones