• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show us your DHD Screens!

My first Android phone and first customization on Android phone with DHD.

How did you get those WP7 style icons as images? Folder Organiser doesn't seem to allow you to change the size of the icon.

Is that clock the standard HTC clock widget? How did you give it a transparent background?

How did you get droidstats to take up the whole width of the screen? I can only set it 3 squares...

Reactions: karthics4
Upvote 0
My first Android phone and first customization on Android phone with DHD.

Hi all, I would really appreciate if anybody could help me with questions (or some of them) one has for the setup above.
I'm Android owner for ten days and still a bit confused, so here we go:

1)
For the first screen I'm using WidgetLocker and that's fine, but I cannot get the clock to be centered it's either a bit left or right from the middle.

2)
Screen number two has Clock Widget that looks as one from HTC Sense Home. Can I use widgets from HTC Sense, I only found Weather widget to be used with WidgetLocker.
I'm using Launcher Pro and when I tap the screen I can add: Shortcuts, Widgets, LaucherPro Widgets, Folders and Wallpapers.

3)
Screen number two has those adorable small icons for quick settings. Could someone send me a link where I could get those, and how to put it there, please?

4)
Screen before Music has a Calendar widget that again looks as the one from HTC Sense Home, the one I can get is only some blue one i.e. when I tap the screen->Widgets->
following options are available: Calendar, Desktop Visualizer (many types), Droid Stats, Facebook, Folder Organizer (many types), Google Search, Market, Music, Youtube.
Am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks a lot!!

Upvote 0
Hope this helps

1)
For the first screen I'm using WidgetLocker and that's fine, but I cannot get the clock to be centered it's either a bit left or right from the middle.

have you changed the number of columns in Launcher pro? If it's an odd number of columns then the clock will be off centre as it will sit in either columns 2&3 or 3&4.

2)
Screen number two has Clock Widget that looks as one from HTC Sense Home. Can I use widgets from HTC Sense, I only found Weather widget to be used with WidgetLocker.
I'm using Launcher Pro and when I tap the screen I can add: Shortcuts, Widgets, LaucherPro Widgets, Folders and Wallpapers.

HTC Sense widgets aren't available to use in Launcher Pro
3)
Screen number two has those adorable small icons for quick settings. Could someone send me a link where I could get those, and how to put it there, please?

It's either Extended Control widget or SwitchPro widget. Both are in the market.
4)
Screen before Music has a Calendar widget that again looks as the one from HTC Sense Home, the one I can get is only some blue one i.e. when I tap the screen->Widgets->
following options are available: Calendar, Desktop Visualizer (many types), Droid Stats, Facebook, Folder Organizer (many types), Google Search, Market, Music, Youtube.
Am I doing anything wrong?

Think that calendar app is Smooth Calendar widget. Try that one from the market

Thanks a lot!!

Cheers
Elbee

Upvote 0
Here are my new screens:

Lock
lockscreen_0.png

Home (4)

Hi ya. Can you please teach me how to modify the Lock Screen?
Cheersssss

Upvote 0
YES! That is right.

Do that again.

See where it says:
Widget? (4th item down)

Tap that.

Then scroll right on down to "Folder Organizer Item" and tap that.

Then a "choose items" screen opens

select app with your modified icon (make sure to untick box at top that says show text under icon)

DONE!

New correct icon on home screen.

YES!!!! I have finally mastered it after reading your tutorial

I have one question if you could help please, I have found some icons I want on deviant. I have downloaded them, when I transfer them to my phone is it just a case of placing them in my own photo album?

It will be the last step before I finally finish my screens:D

Upvote 0
Hi ya. Can you please teach me how to modify the Lock Screen?
Cheersssss

For like mine, you get widgetlocker.

I just used the wallpaper, icon, etc prefs from within widgetlocker.

Or, be more specific and tell me what about your lock screen you want to change and I will tell you how.

^-^

Upvote 0
How did you get those WP7 style icons as images? Folder Organiser doesn't seem to allow you to change the size of the icon.

Is that clock the standard HTC clock widget? How did you give it a transparent background?

How did you get droidstats to take up the whole width of the screen? I can only set it 3 squares...

I'd like to know too, those screens look great. Currently I'm using the stock Sense stuff but have just downloaded folder organiser and droidstats. :)

Upvote 0
It's really a chore to get some screenshots out of an android phone if you don't root it .. but I finally took the time for it

215515353-8d0886229096d404c0f2a9309195be53.4d18fe50-scaled.png

The Phone is a Desire HD

Dock is LauncherPro Plus, and the switcher is switchpro. The widget on the bottom right is Phantom Music Control.

The rest is stock :) Oh and the background is the wonderfull alyson hannigan of course

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones