Show Us Your Screens!General

1. FraGztr

FraGztr Well-Known Member

Here's mine. Simple homescreen.

[​IMG]
  2. aprilm30

aprilm30 Member

how do you get all those cute keyboard .. new to the note .. help .. love the pink one
  3. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

The Halo live wallpaper is popular. I think it's always good to see what other folk have done with their homescreens. Gives you ideas for your own.

[​IMG][/IMG]
  4. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Well-Known Member

Here's mine. Nothing special but it works for me.

SC20120403-003232.jpg

SC20120403-003242.jpg
  5. kei888

kei888 Member

@FraGztr

Sir what application you're using to show the battery indicator with temperature on your homescreen?

Thanks. :)
  6. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

7. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

Couldn't attach it from my phone, said it was too big. So I had to send it to myself in an email and attach it via my laptop. Anyone know how to easily edit (resize) on the phone?
  8. thameera

thameera Well-Known Member

Use QuickPic (Available at Google Play). It's a better replacement for gallery, and contains easy-to-use tools to crop, resize, etc.
    davidcyc and RaLeX like this.
  9. Jemini

Jemini Active Member

Some really cool looking screens folks!

I like a simple home screen :)
    Using Go Launcher EX with Premium and Glass Themes

[​IMG]
  10. biker74

You should give a step by step of how you got that. It looks good. I just dont have the patience to play around with it.
  11. thameera

thameera Well-Known Member

Take the clock widget as an example.

After installing MinimalisticText, add a blank widget to the desktop with the correct size. In this case it's a 1x2 vertical one. It then brings you to a 'Preferences' screen that lets you edit the widget's properties.
    First, we uncheck the 'Show background' option. Press OK and see the background is gone. To get to that Preferences window again, click on the widget.

[​IMG]

Then you can change the direction of the widget and orientation of the text, etc. But we leave them as they are, coz the current orientation is what we need.

Now select the 'Predefined layout' section and select Custom. It activates the Custom Layout option. Click on it. A Custom Layout editing window pops up.

[​IMG]

Remove the unnecessary elements by clicking on them and dragging to the Recycle Bin item (as you do when removing desktop widgets). We need the Hour Text element, so we'll remove the other two.

Now click the '+' button and select the required elements by first clicking on the element section (eg: Battery, Clock, Weather, etc) and then drag the element to the layout above. Here we need the minutes to be displayed as digits, so we select Clock and drag the Minutes (two digits) element.

Wait, we need a colon between the two elements. So click the + button again, select Misc and drag the Static Text element to the middle of the two. Too add a colon as the static text, click on this new element and in the little tray that pops up, type ':' as the static text and select the style as 'Accented'. (Will explain why later). Also set the style of hour text as Normal and that of Minutes as Non-accented.

[​IMG]

We're done here. Click back and then OK to see the new widget. A few more tweaks to be done. Go back to Preferences.

[​IMG]

Under 'Text style', set the settings for Normal (the hour), Accented (the colon) and Non-Accented (minutes). In the example below, I've changed the values of Bold, font size and text color. You can also choose font family, blur, etc too. As you can see, we chose the styles like 'Accented' above to give different text formats to different elements.

[​IMG]

Tweak this until it looks okay.

Finally, to add more value to the widget, we edit its tap behavior to open up the Alarm when we click on it. For this, just check the 'Start another activity' option under Tab behavior and click on 'Select an activity' to set the desired app.

Sorry if it was too long. Just wanted to be a bit comprehensive. Now that you know the basics, building many other custom and useful widgets won't be hard.
    ewejin72 and freefall like this.
  12. biker74

Thanks for that. Really appreciated.
  13. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

Lock screen and home screen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

Sexy.
  15. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I have since changed the lock screen clock widget and text colours...always a work in progress.

[​IMG]
  16. djdosage

djdosage New Member

what is this clock?!?!?! i am in love!!!
  17. djdosage

djdosage New Member

whats at the top of the 2nd and 3rd images that has a name and the last seen today etc....
  18. zc1

zc1 Well-Known Member

'One More Clock Widget'...my favourite so far.
  19. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Well-Known Member

Here's mine

[​IMG]
  20. JulyDerek

JulyDerek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I like it simple....
  21. unwantedx10

unwantedx10 Active Member

22. bitternessak

bitternessak New Member

How do you change your font, keyboard and the mail row of icons on your home screan?
  23. Kairiste

Kairiste Active Member

Hey RaLeX, which clock app is that? I am looking for something similar but can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for - that looks close so maybe I can tweak it.
  24. naviwilliams

naviwilliams Well-Known Member

JulyDerek, what's the app used for having contact icons (the one where you've omitted the name?

Thanks in advance

Ivan