• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Show Us Your X10 Homescreen...

Ok I think you need to have Linda file manager cos she gives you a different option when installing. On my SD card the file name is HTC_IME_hi_themed_by_gIMpSTa.apk, then if you click on it the pop up says Open Containing Folder or Package Installer and you want Package Installer and off it goes.

Yes!! it worked thanks :)

Upvote 0
OK I am obviously doing something wrong, got my page of little squares up, how do I get my bookmarks into them?! Its probably really obvious but can't figure it out at all!:thinking:
you have to load the visual bookmark icon from your app menu, press menu, goto address and type in the address you want to bookmark. when it loads press menu again and save bookmark, name it, then press which square you want to be that bookmark.

Not the quickest way of adding a bookmark but its the only app i could find that showed a pic of the bookmark rather than just the name in a list.

Upvote 0
Here is mine

screenshot.png

screenshot_1.png

screenshot_5.png

screenshot_3.png

screenshot_6.png

screenshot_9.png

screenshot_13.png

screenshot_14.png

Upvote 0
Just made a simple black and white one, to suit my black and white x10 of course!

Very nice... should have guessed. I'll send you my pink one if you'd like it tho;):D

Ok this may be obvious to everyone else - and to be fair probably to myself as i am sure i have had 7 screens off ADW before but cut down the blanks

But how do i set ADW to display the 7 screens - using version 1.1.5 Standalone Donut

Thanks in advance

To increase the number of screens, in your normal home screen press Menu then edit and you get up a screen for adding or decreasing screen numbers and which one to pin as your default home.

you have to load the visual bookmark icon from your app menu, press menu, goto address and type in the address you want to bookmark. when it loads press menu again and save bookmark, name it, then press which square you want to be that bookmark.

Not the quickest way of adding a bookmark but its the only app i could find that showed a pic of the bookmark rather than just the name in a list.

Thanks for that... I will sort that out later when I have time to play.

Upvote 0
I have to say having fiddled with the Visual Bookmarks thing, I ditched it. Its really not very user friendly for me to set up and I couldn't get the right bit of the page showing, just some weird compressed image. Plus it couldn't find some of the pages I wanted bookmarked. I will stick with old school for the time being. Browsing isn't my big thing with the phone as I am normally to be found at home with my netbook on my knee, so not a major issue - just had screen 7 free and thought it might be a cool way to fill it. Back to six screens for me.

Upvote 0
I just created a file called HTC on my SD card and then copied the unzipped file over from my PC to there and then found it with my file manager, clicked on it and installed. Then I think it was just a matter of selecting it via Input Method but if not in the Locale & Text thing... I think!
Help! I installed a custom keyboard, but I am not finding the option to choose it. Where did it go? :eek:

Upvote 0
Help! I installed a custom keyboard, but I am not finding the option to choose it. Where did it go? :eek:

Did you install a HTC mod by Gimpsta or something else. If it's a HTC then Linda file manager is the best way to install it and once its there it should appear in your Locale and Text bit or long press on the text box and then Input Method.

Upvote 0
I have to say having fiddled with the Visual Bookmarks thing, I ditched it. Its really not very user friendly for me to set up and I couldn't get the right bit of the page showing, just some weird compressed image. Plus it couldn't find some of the pages I wanted bookmarked. I will stick with old school for the time being. Browsing isn't my big thing with the phone as I am normally to be found at home with my netbook on my knee, so not a major issue - just had screen 7 free and thought it might be a cool way to fill it. Back to six screens for me.
yea its not the most user friendly set up but once done it works really well, just click the square and your bookmark loads up. Wish i could get the htc bookmark widget i had on my old Htc Hero though

Upvote 0
Did you install a HTC mod by Gimpsta or something else. If it's a HTC then Linda file manager is the best way to install it and once its there it should appear in your Locale and Text bit or long press on the text box and then Input Method.
It is the HTC mod by Gimpsta, being on at&t I can only load non-market apps with AC-SWM, which is how I did this custom keyboard and the standard one. The standard one works fine but I have no idea where the custom one went. If I try to re-install, it is "installed failed, file already exists".

Upvote 0
Try removing the Jonasl one and replacing it with the Gimpsta one (but rename it on your pc first - mine are Gimpsta_pink.apk and Gimpsta_red.apk) Or maybe just try sending it over with a different name anyway and see if that helps. Can you use your PC to search your sd card for the file?

Forgot about dear old AT&T tying your hands.

Upvote 0
Try removing the Jonasl one and replacing it with the Gimpsta one (but rename it on your pc first - mine are Gimpsta_pink.apk and Gimpsta_red.apk) Or maybe just try sending it over with a different name anyway and see if that helps. Can you use your PC to search your sd card for the file?

Forgot about dear old AT&T tying your hands.
Thanks so much rosered, that worked inspite of "Death Star's" policy :D

I will buy you a glass of your favorite poison. :)

20100929141025.png

Upvote 0
I'm strictly tee-total me! *cough*

Glad it worked for you tho. What colour scheme did you go for?
Well, since I am not, I will just have the drink for you. :p

I believe I did the blue on black but I kind of fumbled through it. It is a pain to change skins, I have to delete the prior one and install the new one with SWM, at&t to blame for it ofcourse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones