Showing too many contacts!Support

Last Updated:

1. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In my contacts its showing everyone that has ever emailed me or that I have emailed from my gmail in my contacts. I have had this problem in the past with my Inc and Droid but all I did was go into settings and have it show only people with phone numbers but on my X I can't find this setting. Am I overlooking it somewhere or is there no setting for this?

Advertisement
  2. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

The only solutions that I can think of is to either go into gmail and delete the people in your contacts that you didnt add there (such as people youve emailed in the past, etc). You could also just choose to not sync your DX with your contact list and this will remove this problem as well.

3. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Yup. It sucks. I go thru the phone contacts pretty much all the time to avoid that.

4. pixelsyndicate

pixelsyndicate Member

The answer to this is to fix it in your gmail contact. Only set to group"my contacts" those you wasn't syncing to your droid.

5. alnova1

I guess I will have to but I dont know why they dont give you the option to only show people with numbers anymore...:mad:

6. alnova1

Ok..this is really getting old. I went into the gmail settings and deleted everyone that I have f**king emailed the past 20 years that were stuck in my contacts and they still show up on my X! I have synced the phone, rebooted it to make sure and there still there. All gmail is showing are the people that should be in my contacts but my phone shows everyone including deleted ones!!!!

7. kaitzi

kaitzi New Member

Two years later and this STILL hasn't been fixed? I went through and deleted a ton of people - people who I didn't *really* want to delete because I e-mail them, but I don't *call* them - but it's still showing tons of people.

This is stupid - I'm glad I bought the cheapest model available, that much shorter time saving up for an iPhone.