Showing Wrong Text Received TimeSupport

Last Updated:

1. raylee4204

raylee4204 Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys
    i just got a new galaxy s yesterday
    so far i've found it really useful
    but today i realized that when i get text messages, the received time is almost 4 hour behind.
    when i send a text, it shows the right time but only when i receive it

can anyone please give me some help?

Advertisement
  2. ArmadaTattoo

ArmadaTattoo Well-Known Member

My SGS sometimes displays the wrong contact info for received messages. causes great confusion and very nearly a great deal of embarrassment!

What firmware version are you running?

3. raylee4204

raylee4204 Member This Topic's Starter

im not sure what i have but i've never updated the firmware since i bought it

and i fixed the issue using SMS Time Fix app on the market

4. dannymoe

dannymoe New Member

I have the same problem, on Chatr wireless in Toronto using an unlocked Samsung Captivate from AT&T. I send texts and they are stamped correctly but when I receive a text I have to scroll up because it's stamped 4 hours behind. The only thing I can do is, uncheck automatic time and set my own time, then changed my time zone to 4 hours ahead. Now received text messages are around the right time ( within a couple of mins ) but is this really how I should be setting up my android? BTW I am running on android 2.2

5. beirdo

beirdo New Member

I have the same problem on my HTC Sensation, the problem is a Rogers/Fido/Chatr network issue and NOT your PHONE. Complain to tech support (try to get someone in tier 3). They will fix it and don't let them tell you it's your phone (or SIM card). If you have a non-rogers/fido/chatr phone you may experience this issue. I had no problems with my phone under Bell, it only started with a late time stamp as soon as I moved over to Rogers. Problem = Rogers/Fido/Chatr.