Shuffle?

Last Updated:

1. KarKess

KarKess Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of a good music player that shuffles the way it should? I've tried the stock music player on the hero as well as MixZing and both are absolutely awful for playing music. I drive a truck and have hours on the road and keep getting the same songs over and over. Is there a player anyone knows of that goes through the entire library before repeating any songs?

Advertisement
  2. decobydesign

decobydesign Member

Just Playlists, by Keith Folsom, is worth a try ... though you will need to have a playlist for "all songs".

3. KarKess

Thanks for the reply, I'll have to try it. Do you know if it plays every song in the playlist before repeating?

4. decobydesign

decobydesign Member

Sorry yes - rushed reply, should have taken more time.

You need to have a playlist that contains all your mp3s. (I have one anyway, as I have a specific iTunes playlist, containing 4 hours of music that I sync once a week - it's all I need for my walk to work).

Assuming you have all your songs on that Playlist, this app will happily play them in shuffle mode, without repeating any songs, till it's played them all. Then it will either stop, or go back to the beginning - whichever you want.

If you have multiple playlists, it'll even remmebr your playback position in each one. Cool app, it doesn't do much, but what it does is exactly what I was looking for!

KarKess likes this.
  5. KarKess

Great! That's exactly what I want.

6. The Fergmeister

The Fergmeister Member

Glad someone posted this because I don't know who came up with the 'shuffle' mode on the stock player but I find it plays only a handful of the 500 songs I have on the sd card, looking forward to trying this app out :)

7. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

You can try Tunewiki. It has a shuffle all button on the main menu when you open the player. I haven't had any repeats so far.