• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Shuts off by itself, battery life

bigrigfixer

Jan 14, 2011
My p500 shuts off by itself, and I'd like to know why, and what to do to fix it. It usually shuts off sometime between 2 and 3 pm. Bluetooth, wifi and gps are turned off most times, but it doesn't really matter if they are turned on or not, it'll still power off.

I couldn't find any place in the settings to access a timed power off.

Also, the battery has maybe a 24 hour life. I have to charge it every night.

Any ideas?

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Randomly shuts down, at no particular time of the day and pretty much every day. The other day I used to make a couple of calls and put it down for a minute or two, picked it up again to make another call and it had shut down. The phone is only 20 days old.
I saw a solution for Samsung Captivate, called Captivate keep alive, will this work on the LG???

Upvote 0
I thought it was just me. Got my Optimus One from Telus on December 27, 2010. Can go weeks and be fine and then randomly turn itself off without me knowing it. Battery is fine with plenty of charge and just no reason for it. I love the phone and hope that there is a solution.

And those times listed 2-3 ... today that is EXACTLY when it shut off. That is beyond weird for a coincident.

Upvote 0
I spoke with Telus yesterday and as this seems to be a problem specific to this LG phone, there is nothing they can really do about it. They suggested contact LG direct which I had previous to talking to them. I contacted them by email so I shall see what transpires. While it only happens once in a while it is annoying.

Upvote 0
My Optimus One did the random power-down thing as well. Maybe twice a day, maybe not for three days.
The 'Android' guy at one of the Telus outlets said he was aware of the problem. I took it in to the Nanaimo BC outlet and they sent it to the service centre. They said 2-6 weeks and it was back in 3 weeks.
It was updated to 2.2.1 from 2.2.

Hopefully this will solve that problem because it's a great phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones