Shutting off when opening the keyboardSupport

Last Updated:

1. Wingzfan61

Wingzfan61 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone having an issue where when you open the keyboard the phone just powers off and you have to reboot? It seems to happen more when I "flip" it open instead of gently sliding it but its also done it when sliding gently. Im trying to figure out if its hardware or some software. The only software I could think would do it would be pandahome but I dont wanna uninstall it and lose my setup.

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Sounds like a hardware issue:(
    Also, if it was panda home I would expect it to always happen when the keyboard changes the orientation (or whatever is happening).

3. justpastfinish

justpastfinish Well-Known Member

Thank god someone else is having this issue. Ive been having this problem for 2 weeks now. Sometimes its not just the keyboard for me though, sometimes ill just leave it on the night stand and come back to it and it wont power on, i have to do a battery removal.

Then sometimes ill go to text someone, slide out the keyboard and it goes to a black screen... battery removed again..

Gonna take it back for a new one... if they can repeat it in store, which is lame...

4. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

You both need new phones! Your phone shutting itself off is a major issue, well it was for me because I use my phone for work. My BB would shut off randomly and Sprint replaced it with no problems.

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Your battery is probably loose