Shutting OffSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sprint71

Sprint71 New Member This Topic's Starter

A few times a day my Evo will shut off randomly and turn right back on. Does anyone else have this happening to them?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

nope

3. keoniii

keoniii Member

Happened to me twice, once a couple weeks back, can't recall what I was doing; once yesterday, I was on a call, EVO suddenly shut off, powered back on automatically. Weird.

Sprint71 likes this.
  4. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

Mostly happens to me if I've been streaming music all day.
    I keep hearing all these reasons for why to not use task managers because Android is just so gosh darned amazing with resource management but I keep watching a memory leak whore up all my resources and then my phone will reset itself.

Sprint71 likes this.
  5. Sprint71

Sprint71 New Member This Topic's Starter

That happened to me yesterday. I was on a call and the phone began to power down, I could still hear the person talking but it sounded like they were on speaker. Phone shut off and powered right back on

6. gnr1283

gnr1283 New Member

My phone shut down 4 times today, I didn't even hear it, I just pulled it out of my pocket and it was off. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Try a hard reset, if that doesnt work take it to sprint to have them look at it.

8. Haris

Haris Well-Known Member

Hello all. I've had this problem 4 times now. Each time this happens I'm doing the same exact thing.

Sprint Navigation, GPS on, phone call comes in... EVO powers off during the call. WTF?

I'm fully stock, latest OTA update, running ATK. Is this the problem? ATK?

9. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Task killers never help anything, in fact they create more problems. Try running it without it, if it stops the problem, then there's your solution.

10. aaz110

aaz110 Well-Known Member

This happens to me a few times a week as well...but it seems random to me... sometimes in the middle of a call, sometimes in the middle of something else, and sometimes just as soon as I unlock it. Hah, unfortunately, it's happened twice while I was showing off my Evo to friends.

Earlier today it happened in the middle of a call with a customer service rep (not for Sprint), after I had been on hold for about 10 minutes...thankfully when I called back, I only had to wait about two or three minutes, and by some small miracle, I got the same CSR that I was disconnected with earlier.