Shuttle Tool for Android 3.2Support

Last Updated: 2011-12-27 16:00:51
  1. cklweb

cklweb New Member

Hi,

I purchased what is called on eBay a Venus Pad Android 3.2 Honeycomb nVidia Tegra2 Tablet PC.

I'm supposed to open the Shuttle Tools application to enable USB use, but unfortunately I do not have the Shuttle Tool on this tablet. The eBay seller insists it should be in the Apps but it's just not there!

Can anyone explain why that might be, and what I can do to get it, please? I am guessing it's simply not available with Build 9?!?

The major problem is I need USB access... Oh and I would like to use the USB keyboard that came as an optional extra too :)

I appreciate any comments or assistance.

Many thanks.

Mike

The specs are:

Model Number(?) VegaComb
    Basebrand Version: Unknown (?)
    Andriod Version: 3.2
    Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3VegaComb-Release-by-TeamNewCo+
    Build Number: VC 3.2 Build 9.
    Memory / Storage RAM: 512MB /ROM: 512MB

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

CORRECT - Shuttle Tools feature was added in build 9b. Further USB enhancements were added in build 9n. Read the full description here. I would say that you have recourse with eBay, since the product you purchased was clearly not as advertised. GL!
    alostpacket likes this.
  3. cklweb

cklweb New Member

Hi

Many thanks for the information. So in other words, I have a real lemon.

Are there no alternatives, no options to update the current build ... Wave a magic wand perhaps :)?

Mike
  4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't think it's so much a "lemon" as it is a work in progress. If you download the VegaComb_HC3.2_Build9b.zip file from the link I provided earlier, the ShuttleTools.apk file can be found inside, under the /system/tools folder. Since Shuttle Tools is not a released app, your options are limited. It may very well work on your build 9 if you just sideload and install it as a user app. But if you are not comfortable doing this, then you should be able to return the product and get a refund.

The eBay seller clearly misrepresented the product being sold. He is telling you the app is preinstalled in build 9, yet the developer states it was not added until build 9b. Who do you think eBay is going to believe if the seller gives you any problem?
  5. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Hi Guys, I moved this to the ViewPad 10 forum to hopefully get you all the right eyeballs looking in :)

Though it sounds like Mr. Lucky has got you off to a good start.

Feel free to let me know (via PM) if there is a better forum section too, as these rebanded devices are a bit confusing :)
  6. [Legionnaire]

[Legionnaire] Active Member