sick and tired of low memory message / and pic mails not downloading

Last Updated:

1. mr29rose

mr29rose Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i cleared some apps and low memory went away but now its back and i didnt dwld anything.

also, why is it when people send me pics in mms it has a download button and than doesnt doenload it when i click on it.

why cant it be simple like all my other phones and just pop up the pic when received.

keep pushing me to iphone, soon i will have no choice. windows is also pushing me to a mac.

damn

Advertisement
  2. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

3. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

Hard reset the phone may fix pics downloading.

Take battery out. Hold down home back arrow and end call and install battery. Then click

Home button

4. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

Hard reset the phone may fix pics downloading.

Take battery out. Hold down home back arrow and end call and install battery. Then click

Home button

5. mr29rose

not sure i want to go thru hard reset setup. whats the best software to save most info to backup if i do it.

thanks

6. swoid

swoid Active Member

Don't hard reset - only a temp fix. Best u can do is bitch at Sprint and ask for a $credit until they fix it.

7. mr29rose

spoke to multiple tier 2 reps at sprint and than they sent me to call htc who was no help either.

no hope at all. i tried clearing internet settings and also deleted email accounts. nothing helped.

gotta see if there is a decent backup app that will save some of my main settings to avoid major headache after hard reset if i choose to do it.

or just wait till 2.1 to see if its better and fixed all the little bugs i notice.

or say goodbye to android and move to iphone.

8. tonyy1

tonyy1 Member

had the same problem with downloading pictures sent to me via text messages. disable your wifi if it's turned on and you should (possibly) be fine, it's hit or miss with me now.
    sometimes with wifi turned on it'll download and if it doesn't I turn wifi off and try again.

9. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Apple does a great job of managing resources for you. The iphone is a good alternative for many people.

10. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

deleting text message threads and clearing the cache of the browser and other apps should help with the low memory issue

your low memory issue could be why you're getting the mms download button because your phone doesn't have enough memory to download it, however many people (myself included) have this problem even though we have plenty of available memory (I have about 90MB free), in this case hard resetting is a temporary fix (worked again for about a month for me) however when mms stopped working again I didn't think it was worth resetting my phone again. the 2.1 upgrade should fix this problem, in the meantime I have people email the pics or go to the sprint picture mail website to view them

11. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

I have the same issue and found the problem. It is your HTC Mail app. It is taking up ALOT of space. My problem is I cant figure out how to clear out the data. Even deleting my mail accounts did not fix it.

12. V425

V425 Well-Known Member

I don't use the mail app, just gmail, but have you gone to settings->manage applications and deleted data from there?

13. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

I would but that is not an option in Android 2.1. You don't have the option to clear data for the mail app. Otherwise I would have done it already.

14. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

Have you gone to Settings>Manage Applications>(Application)... then clear cache?

15. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

Yep sure did. I just uninstalled the Mail.apk then I readded Mail.apk and all is good now. things are all good now.

16. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

17. salpiche

salpiche Well-Known Member

Have you done the firmware update? I remember having the same issues with the old firmware not with the last one. menu> settings> about phone> System updates> Firmware update