• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Side loading into correct folders

sli4

Lurker
Dec 24, 2012
I have a rooted kindle fire hd 7in and I realized today that every time I side load games/download from google play store they are all installed to the APPS folder and not into the Games folder

when side loading is there a way to install apps, games etc into the proper folders or do all side loaded apps just end up in the "apps" folder?

am I side loading incorrectly by copying my apk's to the download folder and then using Es file explorer to find the files and install by pressing on the apk that I moved to the download folder?

thanks!

I have a rooted kindle fire hd 7in and I realized today that every time I side load games/download from google play store they are all installed to the APPS folder and not into the Games folder

when side loading is there a way to install apps, games etc into the proper folders or do all side loaded apps just end up in the "apps" folder?

am I side loading incorrectly by copying my apk's to the download folder and then using Es file explorer to find the files and install by pressing on the apk that I moved to the download folder?

thanks!

As far as im concerned all side loaded apps end up in "/data/app/" and will not show up in the games category in he KFHD launcher unless you downloaded a game from the amazon appstore. Although when downloading a game from the amazon appstore, it still ends up in "/data/app/".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones