Side volume controlsSupport

Last Updated:

1. DMP84

DMP84 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I searched online and tried fooling around with the phone forever, but was wondering why the side volume controls control the media volume and not the ringer volume when on the main screen. Any idea if there is a way to switch this? Like I am at work and just want to lower the volume I have to dig into the settings for ringer volume and wish I can just do it from the main screen by using the side buttons.

Thanks appreciate any help.

Advertisement
  2. DMP84

Just answered my own question, actually was not aware a media app was up which makes the side controls media volume controls. Once I exited the app the side controls switched back to ringer volume controls.

3. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

OK, stupid question, but how did you exit the app? I thought there was no way to close apps. Did you use a task killer or just go to a home screen that the app wasn't on?

4. DMP84

This phone still has me confused at times it's the first time I am using a smartphone so learning by the minute. But I did download the Advanced Task Killer and that's what I used. Good luck.

5. lukem

lukem Well-Known Member

Probably by just clicking Home. If you use your Volume button on the home screen is adjusts the Ringer Volume.

6. Anudens

Anudens New Member

Hi even I am facing the same issue, but even after exiting from the media app, the side button still controls the volume of the media, not the ringer volume. Anyone please help me?

7. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Just a tip with ATK, make sure you disable auto kill, it could potentially close things that you don't want it too.