1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Sidekick 4G touchscreen unresponsive after sweatSupport

Last Updated:

1. laynesavedthed

laynesavedthed New Member This Topic's Starter

I had a two and a half hour conversation last night that involved crying and sweating. On my phone.

Now the touchscreen is nonresponsive. Luckily I have the trackbutton on the side...but I still would prefer a fully functioning phone. What should I do?

I already wiped the screen of grease and left it without battery overnight. It is sometimes responsive but mostly not.

I am concerned because after 2 hours and 30 minutes all actual wetness appeared to have dried, so I worry it is in the phone. But not a huge amount....so I don't know what to do!

Advertisement
  2. Jrd555

Jrd555 New Member

Samething happened to me after talking on the phone while it was drizzling outside. It started working again like 2 days later, but I had already called in and got a replacement phone because of my warranty.

3. sensesfail99

sensesfail99 Well-Known Member

Best thing to do anytime your phone comes into contact with any form of liquid is to remove the battery asap and put the phone into a bag of rice for a day to dry it out. It doesn't always work, but in most cases it does.

4. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

Call it in under warranty...youll be fine assuming you didnt trigger the ldi sticker in the back

5. Gsmallfree

Gsmallfree New Member

Samething happened to me after conversation on the phone time it was drizzling part. It started excavation again equal 2 life after, but I had already called in and got a equal sound because of my warranty.