sideloading from mac without rooting?

Last Updated:

1. goodm0urning

goodm0urning Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

can anyone help me do this from a mac?

Advertisement
  2. picklesNICKLES

picklesNICKLES Well-Known Member

I'm working on figuring out the Sideload Wonder Machine found here: Sideload Wonder Machine for Linux & Mac! - Android Forums

Seems to be the only way to go about sideloading on a mac but I must say it is incredibly difficult to understand and execute. Involves writing code through the terminal program on Mac I guess.

Really lost, but working on it

3. goodm0urning

thanks for the reply. think you could PM me when you got it all figured out? it would be muy appreciated.

4. picklesNICKLES

I'll just post this here for other Mac users to benefit from

It all starts with an amazing update.zip Unleash the beast found here: http://androidforums.com/captivate-...unleash-beast-v0-1-easiest-way-root-more.html

This offers tons of goodies, just read up in the thread. I flashed it and have had no problems except I can't get wifi tethering to work. Either way this is totally worth it.

Then head to the developers site here: Peter Alfonso

This offers instructions for sideloading. All you do is follow his steps (download the terminal app, etc...)

After I did that I just started downloading apps to my SD card and was able to install them very very easily through a free app called Apps Installer found in the market.

Trust me this is by far easier than messing around with the Mac version of Sideload Wonder machine (a true headache).

goodm0urning likes this.
  5. goodm0urning

you sir are a genius. a true gentleman and a scholar

6. picklesNICKLES

Thank you kindly although I just realized that you may be looking for a rooting-free fix and I'm not sure if that's possible. Rooting is super easy and doesn't really do anything bad to be honest

7. soypoi

soypoi New Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I thought it would be better to bump the dust off of this one than to start a brand new one. So I followed the directions exactly as stated, I did it several times w/ no luck. I dropped onto the sd as a .zip and as a folder, I even tried it w/ both in there... I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...unless the fact that this program is made for windows. :eek: Should I download app installer? I'll try that now...:eek:

8. toawkanavngthded

toawkanavngthded Well-Known Member

funny cuz i started a thread like this. well anyways i had no idea how to sideload on a mac and was not familiar with terminal adb and all that.... so then i read about android sideload wonder machine or w/e. i saw the forum on how to do it on mac but ppl's comments seemed like they were having problems. so then i ran parallels and win 7 and dl the wonder machine and bam it worked! so if you have parallels i suggest u try this cuz it is REALLY easy! hope u got it to work!