@ sign in notification bar but no number on mail iconGeneral

Last Updated:

1. pittsleyb

pittsleyb Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have a gmail account setup with a pop account tied to my gmail. on my phone I only have the gmail account. It does show an @ sign when i get pop mail via gmail however it doesnt show up as a number on the mail icon. only when i get a true gmail email does it show up as a number on the icon. once i go into mail and preview the email (pop) it will show as a number on the icon. any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I have 3 pop accounts forwarded to gmail, it never showed a number yet, and i never get actual gmail emails.

3. pittsleyb

after seeing the @ symbol when i go into my email (using the email icon) i have to hit refresh for it to load the email that @ sign was alerting me to. once i do that then it does show as a number. wierd.

4. pittsleyb

i think the mail icon leads to the main folder for all email accounts. this obviously doesnt autorefresh to correctly show total number of unread emails from all accounts (gmail and pop). The @ sign alerts me that I have new gmail. Then when i load the gmail using the gmail icon then they show up as a total count on the mail icon. Obviously some communication issues between widgets there.

5. sara8907

sara8907 New Member

Is there s way to fix this

6. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

With 2.1 is there a way to get a little number to show up on the Gmail icon on the home screen?

7. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I use Gmail Unread Count from the Market.