Last Updated:

1. avhokie

avhokie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 17, 2010
    My company is insisting that I switch over to Verizon (if I want to have the company pay my bill). I have been waiting for the Fascinate to make the jump over, but with some of the issues (specifically GPS), I don't know if I want to get that phone or wait for something else down the road.

My question is, can I sign up for a new contract without getting a new phone (I'll buy a used one and bring it myself) and apply the new contract discount in a few months? Anyone try this before?

2. skilaufen

skilaufen Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    I just did this with a third line. I added a third line (getting a new number for it) using an older phone. I still have an upgrade I can use on that line though I don't plan to. Just go in and ask them to activate your phone; however, they will charge you an activation fee and other things they don't usually hit you with on an upgrade. (I doubt it is any different for you being a new customer as Verizon gets your money each month without having to subsidize a new phone.)
  3. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Verizon and other cell companies can play by your rule's sometimes if you bring your own phone simply because they dont have to invest money in the phone. When you buy a phone you buy it at discounted price not full price so they're always happy to sell you for full prise or have you bring your own.