Signal bars green/greySupport

1. the1who

the1who Well-Known Member

I have searched for this, so pardon me if this has already been discussed in this forum.

I have noticed the phone go into like a sleep mode, maybe? I have the wifi sleep policy set to never. The signal bars go to a grey color when the phone hasn't been used or isn't really needing data? I just know that I was messing around with it, and going from screen to screen to app drawer, and it remained grey, it was when I opened the browser that both the wifi signal bars and the carrier signal bars turned green again. If someone could explain this to me that would be great!

Advertisement
    :
  2. the1who

Googled it and found out more about it. New to me being pure Google, but when green, it means the phone is using Google services, grey means have service. For a bit there, I thought when it was grey I wasn't getting reliable service, now I know better...
    BenChase7 and supaumar like this.
  3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

its actually a gingerbread feature and not just aosp :) but glad you were able to find your answer :)
  4. the1who

Thanks for reply. The more and more I use it I realize that when it is grey, google talk isn't signed in...I'll get used to it more and more.