signal/data connection probs?

Last Updated:

1. boatman72

boatman72 Active Member This Topic's Starter

hi, has anyone had any signal problems or data connection problems with their desires, like no signal for calls or their data connection changing from edge to G all the time?

Advertisement
  2. BadByte

BadByte Member

I have noticed that some times when walking out of range of a known wifi spot that it fails to turn on mobile data connection

3. jaseuk

jaseuk Well-Known Member

Yep, I've had that too, if I turn off my wifi and then try and make a call it all I get is call failed, it eventually gets my call through. Another update/fix needed for the Desire :-(

4. rasobey

rasobey Well-Known Member

Yup, randomly incoming calls go to voicemail despite having full signal. Grrrr.

5. masherthemash

masherthemash Active Member

Only issue I have is when leaving my wifi I have to turn my phone off and back on to allow it to look for 3g otherwise it will show phone signal but no 3g. Quite annoying at first but kinda habit now. Logged this with HTC but response was that they have tried their own desire and not had any problem.

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

You can't run voice and gprs/edge at the same time. Only on 3g

7. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Noticed today while waiting around alot that the phone constantly switched between HSDPA and GPRS (never going to 3G?)

I changed my network internet settings to only allow WCDMA and sure enough it held a steady 2-3 bars HSDPA for the remainder of the time I was there. So why did it keep dropping back to GSM when it was enabled?

According to the phone info the preference is set to WCDMA so it doesn't make a lot of sense. Also I would expect it to drop down to 3G before GSM which it never did.

8. BadByte

BadByte Member

HSDPA is simply told 3G+ with the data transfer rate range starting at 3G's lowest and if available up to HSDPA's highest data rate.