"Signal Faded" IssueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Droid_newb

Droid_newb Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else had a problem with this occurring and your calls being dropped on this phone? It started out on only my wife's Eris and now it's happened to me once the last 2 days. We live in a big city so I know lack of reception isn't an issue. Verizon had us do a hard reset on her phone and it didn't change anything. Now were contemplating having them send us 2 new phones since we're still in our 30 day window. Anyone out there had success in fixing this issue and/or experienced the same problem?

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

no dropped calls yet...

be more specific if you can, what does your signal show? what does it say in settings>about phone>status?

3. Droid_newb

Right now I'm at my house and I'm connected through WIFI but my WIFI goes in and out and alternates with 3G. Today I dropped a call at my house and yesterday I dropped a call on the road while on 3G. Same thing happens to my wife when she is driving around in another local big city and has 3G coverage.

My awake time on my phone is 10%, the up time is 107:19:25. It says mobile network state: disconnected; not roaming; service state: in service; mobile network type: CDMA - EvDo; signal strength: -81 dBM, 16 asu.

Is there anything else you'd like to know?

4. Caddyman

have you gotten the update that was released i believe last weekend? i would think you would have

did you have verizon service before your eris and if so did you often get dropped calls?

if you never had dropped calls till you got the eris i would take it into the store and have them look at it, if they cant give you a resolution/fix/update tell them you want a new phone cause that one is defective.

5. Droid_newb

Yes, I got the update last week.

No, we had T-Mobile before Verizon and never had a problem with dropped calls. We did have an issue with low signal strength in a few areas and that's why we switched to Verizon.

We ordered our phones online so they pretty much said they have to take care of everything through the technical support over the phone and send us a new phone if need be via the mail.

6. Caddyman

man that stinks....wish i could help more but it kinda is what it is.

i will say that wifi is great, if you have mobile connection on and wifi on at the same time if you are within wifi range, wifi wins, and it is goes out of range it switches back to 3g

if you get a call while connected to 3g it will cut 3g off and go to 1x while on a voice call or receiving a text...when the call or text is done it should quickly snap back to 3g.

alternatively i think wifi if in range is always on regardless of voice or txt transmission.

you may have known that already, just a little insight into how it kind of works.

7. Droid_newb

Thanks, caddy. Somebody on another forum said the HTC's built-in antennae is to blame. I will have to call Verizon again and see what they say...