• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Signal issues please help..

kylec922

Lurker
Aug 1, 2010
I bought my phone (Droid X) the day that it came out with no issues, until this past Tuesday. Ever since then I have had no signal, tried resetting the phone, pulled the battery, airplane mode on/off, wiped the phone to its original state..(no new apps etc., the day it quit)

So this morning I took the phone into a Vzw store, the girl I talked to there plugged the phone into a charger, wiped the phone, and I had full service and it worked fine after that like it SHOULD. I synced my contacts, installed youmail, and since have had no service again! ( I wiped the phone prior to her doing it, but it didn't do anything, and have wiped it again at home since, but nothing still )

It will show a red line through the signal bar, but will never show 3g/1x symbols.. The fact that this girl fixed it this morning made me think that it's a software issue and not a hardware problem.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions? I'm up for anything at this point..

** Signal strength is -120 dBm, 0 asu, mobile network state says disconnected, mobile network type says unknown.

It's NOT a tower or network issue, my buddy has a Droid X and was sitting 2 feet away with a full signal on my porch. My phone had full signal everywhere I went prior to this happening, and it was a sudden change with no new apps etc., :mad:

You might not want to hear this but my guess is that it's a hardware issue.
I've now had the 'opportunity' to try out two different Xs (soon to be 3) at the same locations and can say with certainty the signal strength varied. One of them had clearer call clarity but slightly inferior reception while the other was the opposite.
For some reason there doesn't seem to be much consistency in manufacturing standards which IMO is why we see varying Xs.
(loose buttons, hue, 'dead pixels', battery consumption, etc)

If your within the 30 day worry-free return period I'd consider calling Verizon and getting a new replacement.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones