signal problem: no signal detectedSupport

Last Updated:

1. jcap87

jcap87 New Member This Topic's Starter

My samsung vibrant signal has been fluctuating and so i decided to insert an external antenna to the port in the back. The signal is perfect when the external antenna is connected but now the phone does not detect any mobile signal without the antenna, at all. If I unplug the antenna, the phone loses any connection it has.

Whats going on and how do i fix it?!

I bought this brand new from third party so taking it to T-mobile will not be possible, i think.

Advertisement
  2. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Port in the back for an external antenna?!

3. jcap87

jcap87 New Member This Topic's Starter

yea...w/ the round rubber cover to the right of the sim card. At least thats what i think it is :/

4. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Oh...okay. I see what you mean, but the plug is stubborn and I wasn't going to pry it out with an X-ACTO knife.

It seems odd that that's what it would be, but I guess it's possible. Thing is, even if it IS, you can't very well go around with a wire sticking out of your phone like that.

Unless you're in an incredibly strong signal area, your signal will fluctuate normally. Does this problem occur where ever you are? It's a tough call on what to do since you bought it from a third party.

I don't quite see how it would help, but you might consider doing a factory reset and see if the situation improves.