Signal ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is not an Eris-specific problem, but I do have an Eris and this forum seems to be one of the most helpful ...

I have never had a good signal at my house. It didn't matter what model phone I was using. I accepted that I live in a dead zone and figured I would have to live with it (I always have 0 bars and -110 to -120 signal). My phone is completely unusable in the house since I drop every call and need to stand near a window to send or receive sms messages. I had friends on other carriers who also had no signal in my house so it didn't matter to me really which network I was on.

Yesterday, my neighbor was at my house to watch the football game. We were all there in the family room in my basement when his phone rang. He answered it, had a lengthy conversation with his son and hung up. He had perfect signal on his iPhone.

If crappy AT&T can produce a strong signal in my house (even in the basement), I see no reason at all why Verizon has no service here. I am aware of the signal boosters that are available, but don't really think I should have to purchase hardware just to have a signal in my home when I don't live in a rural or remote area. I hear similar complaints from neighbors as well as nearby businesses who have no signal in their establishments.

I have been a Verizon customer for many years. As I said before, I always accepted that this was a dead zone and there was nothing that could be done about it. Now that I know that at least one other carrier is able to provide service here, I feel that I should take action. Anyone have any suggestions on where I should start? Who do I contact at Verizon?

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I wish I knew, because I am in the same boat (and also in MA, where supposedly Verizon is the king.) I did end up buying the Network Extender, only because there are other reasons to stay with Verizon for me, and getting the NE really does solve that problem.

I do also think that the Eris has a mediocre radio, though. I have been in places where VZW Blackberries, Moto Droids and even VZW feature phones work fine for friends/family, but I get drop outs, etc., with the Eris.

I suppose that you could call customer service, ask about it, and make it clear that you will have no choice but to switch carriers if they do not improve service when your contract is up. Then, make sure to follow through if they do not. ;)