signal strenght

Last Updated:

1. Trito

Trito Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Last two days since I use mobile jetwork my signal bar was down to two max sometimes signal even lost compleatly. And I found something interestinng, if I use settings WCDMA/GSM Auto my signal strenght is crap and network switches from H to E all the time. If I use WCDMA my signal is almost compleatly lost but I get only 3G (H) network, but if I use GSM only my signal is perfect (3-4) bars all the time, but I can use only G (E) network. Oh and I get crapy signal even if I dont use mobile network or Im using Wi Fi. So what should I do? How to get good signal and good network connection?

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

Since WCDMA is 3G and GSM is 2G that part of the behaviour makes sense. It simply sounds like your 3G signal, or perhaps your 3G reception, is bad. The phone is trying to hang on to 3G whenever possible, which is why you see a poor signal when the mode is set to auto (if it was a little worse you would just switch to GSM all the time, as happens in my office).

So has anything changed that you know about, e.g. phone settings, radio firmware, or your being in different locations from usual? If instead the problem is specific to one area it's almost certainly network (more widespread network problems are also possible, but less common).

You could always try the "stupid" solution of taking the SIM out, cleaning the contacts and seeing if it makes any difference. Almost certainly not, but if you end up speaking to your provider you can save time if they tell you to try it and you've done it already ;)

3. InfernalByte

InfernalByte Well-Known Member

Another solution if the problem is that bad, is to root and flash some different radio's and see what works best.

Takin the SIM out and cleaning it might well work! It wont improve signal but it will be of psychological reassurance to your network provider in that profits were well spent on IT solutions.