Signal strength issues? Dropped calls? Anyone?

Last Updated:

1. blackbolt2099

blackbolt2099 New Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings all. Another "long time lurker, first time poster."

I am wondering if anyone else is experience dropped calls and occasionally dodgy reception with their Hero. Specifically I am having problems dropping calls in my apartment, which seems to be at the edge of three different towers (I will connect to all three just by walking from room to room...don't know if that is typical).

I am new to Sprint, so I don't quite have a feel for what I should expect from the network, but my fiancee--also on Sprint but with a different phone--doesn't seem to have the same issues.

Any advice or commiseration would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. pking

pking Well-Known Member

Does your fiancee's phone also jump towers like that?

I haven't had a lot of voice calls on my phone so far, at least not anywhere that didn't have good coverage, so I can't say really. I don't seem to be losing signal as far as I can tell.

It's definitely a little on the odd side to be getting 3 overlapping tower signals - generally it's two at the most, which makes it easy for the phone to pick the 'stronger' of the two. If you're dropping calls and losing signal in other areas where reception is generally 'good' for Sprint, you may have a faulty radio.

3. hiway

hiway Active Member

Guy at sprint store set mine to "sprint only" and I noticed my reception in Southlake, TX improve quite a bit at my home. I don't know if that will help or not. He said sometimes the phone switches back and forth and causes degraded signal reception (well that's what he said...)

Oh make sure to update your PRL to make sure you have the most up to date info on where the phone is searching for signal.

4. PGR

PGR Well-Known Member

I've been carrying a Touch Pro for the last year and a Mogul before that. Both had real issues staying connected with the Sprint network while I was at work, especailly back by my office which is surrounded by steel skinned walk-in coolers and freezers.

But my Hero seems to work a whole bunch better. More bars and better performance and the difference doesn't leave any room for doubt.

Pete