Signal Strength?Support

Last Updated:

1. mzlou2

mzlou2 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I went into my phone settings to check out the signal strength, and I'm at -89 dBm. I tried to research whether or not that's a good signal, but I can't find anything. What number indicates a strong signal?

Also, for anyone concerned about the "lack of bars" and the jumping between 3G and EVDO/1x, the Palm Pre Plus did it too. At first I thought the Palm was defective (and Verizon didn't explain otherwise), so I had it replaced. Turns out, it was fine, it just didn't accurately display signal strength. Whoops :p

Advertisement
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

There are a lot of threads on this already.

What I do know is that is just a flaw - even though it reads little to no bars you could still have stellar undroppable connection.

Just something to forget about unfortunately... I think 60 is the best and 100 isnt as good but Ill let someone clarify.

3. cmcfarland21

cmcfarland21 Active Member

The lower the number the better the strength. In doors at work I avg. -85 but if I go outside it drops to -57. The lower the better also the higher the number the more power your phone takes to keep a signal and that can affect your battery.