Signal strengthGeneral

Last Updated: 2013-08-28 15:10:01
  1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

How is the Verizon signal strength on this phone?

Advertisement
  2. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

Compared to my Nexus, it's been great judging by the signal strength meter. I'm pulling 4G in places where 3G had been a challenge, and in general the 4G connection seems much more stable. My biggest signal complaint is the phone will hang on to a weak-to-nonexistent wifi connection and try to leach data from it when there's a perfectly good 4G connection available to switch over to. I shouldn't have to manually turn off my wifi to force it to switch.
  3. brinky

brinky Well-Known Member

Do you have the avoid poor connections option checked in the advanced WiFi settings? Not sure if that would help though as I don't know if it really does anything or not.
  4. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

Yep, checked. And yet the thing will sit there and spin the wheel of confusion with a completely greyed out wifi and 4 bars of 4G goodness. The damn Verizon antenna is right outside my office.
  5. Kevin-B

Kevin-B Well-Known Member

Signal strength is much better than my Galaxy Nexus. In my office building my GNex pulled in no signal at all of any kind -- voice, data, nothing. My brand new Droid Maxx get at least some 3G most of the time, and in some parts of the building I have a couple bars of 4G.
    In fact, that's part of the reason I bought a Motorola phone this time, as appealing as the S4 looked. My GNex melted down irreparably about 2 weeks ago, so I had to pull out my OG Droid until I bought a new phone. I was astonished at how strong the Motorola signal was, how loud the speaker was, and how well the battery performed. Those are pretty important features to me, so I sprung for the Maxx. Three days later, seems like a good choice.