• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Signature Hyperlinks.

LBPHeretic

Android Expert
May 29, 2010
Wilmington, Delaware
I know this is probably a stupid question with an easy answer, but here goes anyway. I want to add a hyperlink in my signature area that does not show the URL, but it shows the text of my choosing. I have tried using HTML tags to do this, but it never works. All I want to do is add my Twitter account but make it say "Follow me on Twitter" or something to that effect. Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Darn, I just noticed this is probably in the wrong sub form. I am sorry about that. Please move this thread to wherever it belongs.

I think the sig system might be broken. I've put one in and it shows up when I post, but when I come back later as the thread is continued, it's gone again.

Now I come to think of it, it's very rare to spot a sig at all. I've just been rooting in the options and can't find anywhere I may have disable viewing them. Frisco's is visible right now.

Weird.

EDIT: Yep, just hit F5 and my sig is gone.

Upvote 0
I think the sig system might be broken. I've put one in and it shows up when I post, but when I come back later as the thread is continued, it's gone again.

Now I come to think of it, it's very rare to spot a sig at all. I've just been rooting in the options and can't find anywhere I may have disable viewing them. Frisco's is visible right now.

Weird.

EDIT: Yep, just hit F5 and my sig is gone.

It's that way by design. It's supposed to show up the first time you post in the thread, then all subsequent posts you make in that thread won't have one.

Unfortunately, the plugin which controls that has to be enabled on each sub forum individually meaning there are some which Phases may have missed (there are over 300 subforums here iirc).

There are a few posts in the Suggestions & Feedback forum if you want more info: Suggestion Box & Feedback - Android Forums

Reactions: RubiconDude
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones