Signature verification failed, Installation aborted..

1. exceptionist

exceptionist New Member

Hello all,
    I'm using Karbonn a18 and whenever I go to install any applications that need flashing, it says, "Signature Verification failed and installation aborted". I don't know why this problem occurs and also I need to know whether my phone is pre-rooted or not.

Karbonn a18 is launched just a few weeks ago so its very difficult to find applications like ClockworkMod Recovery. Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks.:beer:

Advertisement
  2. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

I can't think of any phone that is sold pre-rooted.

What sort of app are you trying to flash? Most likely the zips are unsigned. A custom recovery, which people usually install during the rooting process, will let you toggle off signature verification, but the stock one is very unlikely to.

In short, if you want to do this you'll almost certainly need to root. If the device is very new then you may have to wait until all of the things you need are available.
  3. exceptionist

exceptionist New Member

I am trying to flash Beats Audio Installer but I get the same error message again and again, and about the device, its said that it has been pre rooted because I can access superuser too without any issues..
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

What recovery do you have? If it's a custom one you can toggle sig verification in the settings. But I'm guessing not.