• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Signing Android Application

I can't answer that question but does anyone out there know how to sign an application in windows using the keytool and jarsigner. My problem right now is the keytool parameters do not match what my Keytool exe required. Currently I am failing on the -genkey parameter. If I run this tool by itself many of these parameters are not available. Any help would be greatly appreciated; I have been working on this for about two hours. Eventually I will get to the jarsigner steps but the first step is the major hurtle currently. TY

C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Java\jre6\bin\keytool –genkey –v –keystore gpswebbroadcaster.keystore –alias gpswebbroadcaster –keyalg RSA –validity 10000

C:\"Program Files (x86)"\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\bin jarsigner -verbose -keystore gpswebbroadcaster.keystore monacos.us.android.gpswebbroadcast.apk gpswebbroadcaster

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones