Silence all sounds & notifications?General

1. wayneholbrook

wayneholbrook Well-Known Member

Good morning all,

I just bought the Skyrocket and am new to Android. I usually have my emails silenced. But at night I was wondering if there was a way I could silence everything like texts, emils, calls all at once with some ease rather than placing the phone in airplane mode or turning it off. Anyone know a way to do this please?

Advertisement
    :
  2. SoCADesertRat

SoCADesertRat Member

Did you try going to settings SETTINGS - turn on Silent Mode and then go to Volume and moving the sliders all the way to the left on both System and Notification?
  3. wayneholbrook

Thanks for the info. I was setting up my gmail account under emails and I notice that you choose how often it checks for your email, I thought it was push email. Maybe I should have set up my google email under exchange maybe then it would just push the email as soon as email arrives rather then checking your email every so often. Would you know about that?
  4. wayneholbrook

I set up my google account on my Samsung as an exchange account and now everything works like a champ.
  5. robertopod

robertopod Member

Just hold down the power button on the side for a second and a silence option will appear
    cincygirl and wayneholbrook like this.
  6. wayneholbrook

Worked like a champ. Thank you
  7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

May be overkill...but check out the app timeriffic. You can schedule when to silence..wake.. even turn other things on and off like wifi and Bluetooth.
  8. cincygirl

cincygirl New Member

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S 2, and this works great! I knew there had to be a simpler way to 'silence all', outside of having to go into settings>sound>silent mode.

Much appreciated! :D
  9. robertopod

robertopod Member

You're very welcome. Happy new year!!
  10. kryichek

kryichek Member

This method does not silence Alarms or Media sounds.

I would like to know how to silence EVERYTHING.
  11. redrider67

redrider67 Well-Known Member

I use the "Shush" ringer from the market. You can set it how long to be silent but if you use your alarm on your phone it'll still sound it.
  12. Covart

Covart Well-Known Member

All that is required is to turn the phone face down on a flat surface.

Go into settings, then 'motion' and then check the 'turn over' box. There is even a tutorial. Mutes all incoming calls and playing sounds. This is if you need to do it for a short time.

For all night, and you just want to push an icon on your screen, download Beautiful Widgets and then there is a widget called 'Silent' that is 1x1 in size. Silences everything and it's what I use.