• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Silence an incomming call?

c_man

May 3, 2010
London, UK
Is there a way to silence an incoming call?

- Your phone is on the table, locked
- Ringer and vibrate are enabled
- Someone calls you
- Swipe down to answer, swipe up to ignore
- You wish to stop phone ringing but not necessarily dismiss/ignore the call as the other person gets through to voicemail and knows you rejected their call

There must be an easy way to make it silent yet not let the other person know you don't want to answer right now??

I know you can flip the phone over to achieve exactly this, but is it achievable by pressing something without having to flip the phone?

Reactions: RealKocho
Both of the above ways work... but that involves picking up the phone OR setting the phone to behave like this before hand.

I'll try touching the volume rocker method....

On my Pre, if I had an incoming call [and phone was ringing], I could press the power button once to silence the ringing and press it again to IGNORE the call [i.e. send the caller to voicemail or cut them off]

^ This is what I'm looking for!

Upvote 0
I would've definitely given the user the option of silencing a call by pressing the home button or power button as well.

I don't know how Samsung got few basic things wrong (or missing). Isn't it surprising that you buy such an expensive phone and then go online to figure out how to silence a call?

I am yet to find a reliable way of recording calls without spending money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones