Silence at Night??Support

Last Updated:

1. sleepsafe

sleepsafe Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Coming from a BB it was easy to shut up notifications for messaging at night. I need to have the phone active but the notification tone from emails is driving me towards throwing this phone away. Another option would be turning off notification tone all together. But I can't figure out how to do that either:(

Advertisement
  2. RaVEWHQ

RaVEWHQ Member

Under Settings>Sound & display settings>Smart Profile: Face Down
    If you put the phone face down at night it will only vibrate during alerts.

3. sleepsafe

But if the phone only vibrates on incoming calls its not gonna work. Wi the phone work?

4. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

I use the app. Timeriffic, that lets you set time-zones for such things as ringer and notifications separately.

5. vetvipe

vetvipe Well-Known Member

Im coming from bb also. I miss the phone calls only sound profile.

6. sleepsafe

exactly

7. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

There are a few different profile applications in the market, I haven't found one I like yet that compares to the "phone call only" available on my BB

8. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Try FoxyRing. It will allow you to set times for the phone to be set to silent, but it also has a capability to allow the phone to ring when contacts you designate call.

But I haven't found a sound profiles app yet that will duplicate what is possible with the BB.

9. srudoff

srudoff New Member

in settings under sound there's an option for Ringer Volume. if you click on there, there is a check box to make your notification volume the same as your ring volume. if you uncheck that box it gives you a new slider for notification volume. you'd have to change that at night every time but i'm sure there's an app that lets you change that from the main screen or to change it based on time of day.

10. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

Timeriffic that I mentioned above allows you to do this based on the time of day.

Ringer, Vibration, Alarm, Notification, WiFi, Bluetooth, and Airplane mode can all be modified independently within each profile.

Set up a profile, like 'Calls Only' and mute everything accept the ringer if you like; then either enable it to start and end at pre-set times, or just enable and disable ad-hoc.

11. sleepsafe

The app 'Quick Profiles" looks pretty promising. Lets you name, configure profiles, then put a shortcut to the profile on your home screen. I've loaded it and configured a night time profile, I'll give it a try.
    [​IMG]