Silence everything but key press moise

Last Updated:

1. staffsmatt

staffsmatt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Not sure if this is possible but has anyone managed to find a way to silence everything (ring tone, email / sms / reminder alerts) but still have a tap when you're typing?

Thanks!

Matt

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

How have you tried to do this so far?

On my device, the keyboard sound setting is under Settings->Language and keyboard while notifications are under Sound or via the specific app. As long as the Language and keyboard setting isn't changed or the device isn't placed into Silent mode I don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

3. staffsmatt

Well what i do at the moment is have key clicks turned on (which works when sound is turned on) but when I put the phone into silent it turns off (which I understand - it is silent after all!)

What I want to do is have the phone in silent (currently done through the HTC profile widget) but still have the key click noise.

Actually having thought about it what I probably need to do is create a separate "profile" that has the settings that I want.

Is that possible? Ideally I would want a widget that allowed me to swap between profiles in the same way as the HTC Profiles widget.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

4. staffsmatt

Oh and as an aside does anyone know how to rename a thread ;)