Silence everything but phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. Cumby

Cumby Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a setting on the Droid X to allow you to silence everything but the phone? I saw one app listed, Foxy Ring, but wondering if there is a way to do this on the phone without having to have an app running? I read some concerns over battery use with Foxy Ring. Any other apps for this.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Cumby.

Your Droid X question has been moved to that device's forum area where it'll get more exposure to other users of the X.

Good luck. ;)

3. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Cumby, you should be able to turn off your notifications (or make them silent/vibrate) for everything else (texts, emails, etc.). Just go to the specific application (email, text messaging), hit the menu key and go to Settings, and there should be an option for Notifications and Notification Sound.

4. SerialTurd

SerialTurd Member

What I do every night is going into my Settings, Sounds area and set the volume for notifications to 0.

5. droidx2010

droidx2010 Well-Known Member

There are a few apps out there that let you control the volume for Alarm, Media, Alerts, Ringer, and Call Voice individually. The two I'm familiar with are AudioManager, which has a nice widget with slider bars to adjust all of the above, plus a quick way to set alerts, ringer, and system volume to vibrate, and Volume Toggle which allows you to set up profiles with different volume settings. For example, I have a Sleep profile that has everything silenced except the alarm volume. Try out both and find out which one you prefer, but both should accomplish what you're trying to do.

6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

You can go and manually adjust the notifications, etc but I'd recommend a profiles app or something similar. Battery use shouldn't be an issue for the ones where you have to go in and manually select a profile.

If you have a set schedule or some condition(s) that can be used as a trigger (such as sticking the device in a dock), Tasker could do this as well. Granted, it has a bit of a learning curve.

7. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

I use quick profiles. I'd definitely recommend it.