Silence notificationsTips

Last Updated:

1. hopalee

hopalee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I know you can flip the phone over to silence an incoming call, but it doesn't work with text messages. Does anyone know if there is an app that will do this? Sometimes I'm in the middle of something and the only way to shut the thing up is to turn on the phone and pull down the notification bar. Is there any faster way to silence a text alert?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. JerryG

JerryG Member

Hi,

I use Volume Toggle (free), and set up different sound profiles.

The program lets you adjust 5 different volume settings, and vibration.

HTH,

-Jerry

hopalee likes this.
  3. hopalee

hopalee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well what I really would like is to just be able to flip the phone over or even just press the volume button to stop the notification. anyone know?

4. Srfcrzy

Srfcrzy Member

+1

I'm new to Android and looking for something like this too: an instant silencer for notifications. My Pre used to be able to be silenced by pressing the volume rocker once (in any direction) during any call or notification. A useful feature for times when you want the notification, but you don't necessarily want it to continue if you are sitting right there reading the message...something that has got to be possible on the EVO, no?

How would creating a "sound profile" help with this? I want to be able to do it at any time, in any setting...