Silencing Text Notification SoundsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't find another thread where this is, maybe i didn't search hard enough? I went through the first ten or so pages and searched and couldn't find anything, so i there's already a thread about this, let me know =]

My problem is this: I use parts of songs, not sounds, for notifications and stuff. So, when I get a text, the chorus to "Faded Line" by Lamb Of God starts playing. Obviously I don't need all 30 seconds of the chorus all the time to tell me I have a text message. However, to silence or stop the sound, I have to turn on the screen, unlock the phone, go into my messages, and look at the thread with the message in it. Is there any way I can silence it without having to do that? Like if I can't do that all right away, it would just keep playing. So is there a button any of you know of I can press? The volume down does not silence it. End does not silence it. I haven't tried all the buttons, but before I go through all possible button combinations I was wondering if any of you out there already know how to do this lol.

Thanks in advance guys =]

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

It seems to me you've tried all the obvious things.
    So maybe you should download RingDroid from the market and make yourself a shorter version of your ringtone specifically for use for notifications.
    I'm sure the people around in the store will appreciate it too. :)

3. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have RingDroid and love it. Just when I'm sleeping or something or it's loud around me and I might not hear it right way is when I like the longer ringtones. I will probably end up just making a shorter version of it. Hopefully it won't come down to that, cause even though RingDroid is easy to use I would still like to not have to make it again.

4. peterm

peterm New Member

Same problem, with Calendar. I want a long, loud notification tone so I'll hear it in a noisy place, but I want to silence it quickly if I'm in a meeting. The built-in Alarm Clock let's you turn it off with the camera button (Droid), so it should be possible for other apps too. But I haven't found an app that will do that (turn off the ongoing notif sound with a button press). Can anyone recommend one?